• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS Apple June 30th Deadline for iOS 13 SDK?

I have three questions for this:

1) Does this mean you are required to update all your apps to be iOS 13 SDK compliant or they will remove off them off app store?

2) Is the latest GMS 2.x compliant for this?

3) If so, does GMS 2.x use this... Xcode storyboard to provide the apps launch screen?

Apple had originally set a deadline of April 30 for requiring apps for iPhone and iPad be built with the iOS 13 SDK. In a new developer blog post today, however, Apple has extended that deadline and many others.

In order to “accommodate developers who may need additional time to update their existing apps on the App Store,” Apple has extended the April 30 deadline until June 30. What this means is that developers now have until June 30, 2020 to meet the following requirements for app updates:

Apps for iPhone or iPad must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later and use an Xcode storyboard to provide the app’s launch screen.
iPhone apps must support all iPhone screens and all iPad apps must support all iPad screens.

I have three questions for this:

1) Does this mean you are required to update all your apps to be iOS 13 SDK compliant or they will remove off them off app store?

2) Is the latest GMS 2.x compliant for this?

3) If so, does GMS 2.x use this... Xcode storyboard to provide the apps launch screen?

Apple had originally set a deadline of April 30 for requiring apps for iPhone and iPad be built with the iOS 13 SDK. In a new developer blog post today, however, Apple has extended that deadline and many others.

In order to “accommodate developers who may need additional time to update their existing apps on the App Store,” Apple has extended the April 30 deadline until June 30. What this means is that developers now have until June 30, 2020 to meet the following requirements for app updates:

Apps for iPhone or iPad must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later and use an Xcode storyboard to provide the app’s launch screen.
iPhone apps must support all iPhone screens and all iPad apps must support all iPad screens.
I have had reports of people using the newest iPad Pro 11 2020 saying that the app will not go fullscreen, the status bar is always visible. I am guesisng it is related to game make not using ios 13 yet?