Apple Developer Account Requirement For Creator License

S

StuffMaker

Quick question: Do I need to pay the subscription for the Apple Developer Membership to be able to build and test games using GMS2 Creator License? I'll be testing locally on Mac first, but a couple friends will help me on their machines soon after.
Just trying to find out if $39 will turn into $130+ right away.
Thanks!

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
I have been able to build and test on Mac using my Apple ID alone (source), and that has been enough for years since I don't have a business case for selling yet. Your friends will have to configure their Macs to allow your app through (instructions here), but other than that the basics should work.

S

StuffMaker

I have been able to build and test on Mac using my Apple ID alone (source), and that has been enough for years since I don't have a business case for selling yet. Your friends will have to configure their Macs to allow your app through (instructions here), but other than that the basics should work.
Thanks! Those are the steps I had to keep doing for each version of the Blender 2.8 beta recently, so I'm familiar with that fun process only to well! As a follow-up: I assume that I can't see the Game Settings that control publishing on MacOS until the license is in place in GMS2?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Thanks! Those are the steps I had to keep doing for each version of the Blender 2.8 beta recently, so I'm familiar with that fun process only to well! As a follow-up: I assume that I can't see the Game Settings that control publishing on MacOS until the license is in place in GMS2?
It's normally under Options > Mac in the resource tree. I've never used GMS 2 with a trial license before, but I would assume the appropriate options and export pathways would unlock once you purchase the license.