1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Apple Developer Account Requirement For Creator License

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by StuffMaker, Sep 8, 2019.

1. StuffMaker

StuffMaker Member

Quick question: Do I need to pay the subscription for the Apple Developer Membership to be able to build and test games using GMS2 Creator License? I'll be testing locally on Mac first, but a couple friends will help me on their machines soon after.
    Just trying to find out if $39 will turn into $130+ right away.
    Thanks!

2. FrostyCat

FrostyCat Member

I have been able to build and test on Mac using my Apple ID alone (source), and that has been enough for years since I don't have a business case for selling yet. Your friends will have to configure their Macs to allow your app through (instructions here), but other than that the basics should work.

3. StuffMaker

StuffMaker Member

Thanks! Those are the steps I had to keep doing for each version of the Blender 2.8 beta recently, so I'm familiar with that fun process only to well! As a follow-up: I assume that I can't see the Game Settings that control publishing on MacOS until the license is in place in GMS2?

4. FrostyCat

FrostyCat Member

It's normally under Options > Mac in the resource tree. I've never used GMS 2 with a trial license before, but I would assume the appropriate options and export pathways would unlock once you purchase the license.