Distribution App Store review issue

AcrobatEpee

Hello, I attempted to publish my app to App Store (iOS) today and got this error from apple review :

Guideline 2.3.1 - Performance

We discovered that your app contains obfuscated code, selector mangling, or features meant to subvert the App Review process by changing this app's concept after approval to the App Store.

The next submission of this app may require a longer review time, and this app will not be eligible for an expedited review until this issue is resolved.

Next Steps

- Review the Performance section of the App Store Review Guidelines.
- Ensure your app is compliant with all sections of the App Store Review Guidelines and the Terms & Conditions of the Apple Developer Program.
- Once your app is fully compliant, resubmit your app for review.

Submitting apps designed to mislead or harm customers or evade the review process may result in the termination of your Apple Developer Program account. Review the Terms & Conditions of the Apple Developer Program to learn more about our policies regarding termination.

If you believe your app is compliant with the App Store Review Guidelines, you may submit an appeal. Alternatively, you may provide additional details about your app by replying directly to this message.

Here is section 2.3.1 :

2.3 Accurate Metadata

Customers should know what they’re getting when they download or buy your app, so make sure your app description, screenshots, and previews accurately reflect the app’s core experience and remember to keep them up-to-date with new versions.

• 2.3.1 Don’t include any hidden or undocumented features in your app; your app’s functionality should be clear to end-users and App Review. Similarly, you should not market your app on the App Store or offline as including content or services that it does not actually offer (e.g. iOS-based virus and malware scanners). Egregious or repeated behavior is grounds for removal from the Developer Program. We work hard to make the App Store a trustworthy ecosystem and expect our app developers to follow suit; if you’re dishonest, we don’t want to do business with you.

HERE IS THE QUESTION :

Are there hidden features that yoyo automatically includes in every game I must be aware of and so I could turn off this very setting ?

Thanks a lot :) !

eimie

Hi,

I didn't release on iOS so far, so I can only speculate. Have you unchecked "Allow anonymous game statistics" in the main options? My memories can be wrong, but I think to remember that this was an issue when I tried to release a game without internet permission on Google Play a while ago. But as said before: unfortunately just speculation... I don't even know if there is any kind of permission management in App Store to be honest.

Did you already try to contact Apple by "replying directly to this message" or found a solution by yourself? It seems to me, that your question is not unimportant for iOS developers.

AcrobatEpee

Well. Turns out I already had issues with bitcode signatures and stuff. For this one, I just told the review team my app had Nothing of these and it worked.