• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

App size > 250mb problems

Hi Gamemakers!
Newbie here...
My app is approx. 250mb and I used Google APK expansion extension within the Gamemaker to upload it to Google play store. It is automatically requesting "android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" in AndroidManifest.xml and it is asking for permission to access files. I've tested it with 30mb file and as soon as I include Google APK expansion it sets "android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"
Users do not like it and uninstall it before even seeing the app ( I would uninstall any app that would ask me for access myself). App name is Floria virtual garden.

I am looking into Play Asset Delivery, however I am not sure if it will solve the " Allow Floria to access photos and media on your device" ...and there are no threads or tutorials about it. Anyone circumnavigated this problem successfully? Besides deleting the assets, what can I do to stop asking for access?