• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android app signing in google play console HOW

Google play will not let me upload a apk anymore to test they say only aab files will be accepted for rollout testing
i have not chosen to opt in to have a Android App Bundle google play signing key because i didnt want to complicate
submitting games to google play even more. Now though it looks like google is forcing people to have to choose opt in
making things even more complicated for indie developers who just want to simply upload a game to get it to rollout to test and move on.

How do we give google this key they want so we can just upload files to google play console to test?

Has yoyogames made the process painless?

I hear its not our yoygames game maker studio 2 keystore details and if i do opt in to upload a apk or aab file google play keeps giving me this message
You uploaded an APK or Android App Bundle that is signed with a key that is also used to sign APKs that are delivered to users. Because you are
enrolled in App Signing by Google Play, you should sign your APK or Android App Bundle with a new key before you upload it.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED AS IM CLEARLY NOT THE ONLY PERSON HAVING THIS STRUGGLE

THANKS

Thanks for the feedback is PEPK easy to use. How do I extract my GMS Keystore with PEPK and in Google Play would I upload it as a java Keystore or cert not using java. Would it be better for me to make a new Keystore in Android studio and generate that to Google play.And would my GMS Keystore still also be valid if I did that. I hear we have to have a App signing key and a upload signing key, is the app signing key the new key we make and the uploading key our game maker studio Keystore? I'm really out of my element with this Keystore new stuff I hope the yoyogames forums help myself and others really get a clearer understanding on how to setup such things in Google so more of us can just focus on game and app making.

Tornado

Check the links that I sent in other posting. There you will see how to use PEPK. It is just one command to export your key/certificate.
I don't know if you can generate new keystore.
I just used my existing keystore in GMS for PEPK export.
My app signing key and upload signing key are the same. I think I uploaded the same for both.

I guess you should activate App Bundle now, download Google's PEPK tool, export the key/certificate from your keystore and upload it to google play console.

I wrote something in another thread, check if this helps you:
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...pp-working-on-google-store.80139/#post-476685
Check the links that I sent in other posting. There you will see how to use PEPK. It is just one command to export your key/certificate.
I don't know if you can generate new keystore.
I just used my existing keystore in GMS for PEPK export.
My app signing key and upload signing key are the same. I think I uploaded the same for both.
Ok thanks when I upload it is it a java Keystore

I'm looking at the link I see it's java and I have to put some code into my windows cmd .it might pay for me to just make a new key cert in Android studio then generate that to Google Play and also use it in GM's 2 as my new upload key cert since I have not published any past games yet on Google Play so my old GM's Keystore details wouldn't be missed ?

Tornado

Then you are safe to generate new keystore and set it in GMS as your new keystore, but still you'll have to use PEPK to export the certificate from the new keystore and upload it to google.

Oh so there's no getting around that java stuff ? Yoyogames should really make clear tutorials on Android Google Play signing for all those who spend hundreds on the mobile module. I'm sure there is MANY in the yoyogames forum community that also are struggling with all this new Google Play requirements.

I Hope a step by step video tutorial becomes available at some point of time that teachers all of this for game maker studio 2. The link that you sent of the PERK tool looks old and a little confusing
But I'll keep trying to work it out thanks.

I wonder if the app store for apple is much easier to develop for?

Ok so I found I can still test out and upload apks just not aab files. It seems Google Play still will allow apks and no app signing by Google for at least till July 2020 or more so I will stick with opting out from app signing with Google and only upload apks not aab files till at least July next year. Hopefully by then yoyogames forum has more clearer tutorials on how to do app signing and upload our keys. I found Google wasn't letting my APK Goto rollout to test because I forgot to in game options Android general under the architecture section tick build to arm7,x86,arm64and x86_64(I only ticked arm7)so once I ticked them all saved a new numbered version then saved as a APK it worked on Google Play(once I clicked discard to discard my old shadowing APK versions that were in the Google Play console so I only had my new release version for rollout). I wrote this just incase it could help other new game maker and android developers that might run into the same kind of issues. If you want to just publish apks and are not sure about all this app signing by Google just opt out from app signing by Google and only upload apks not aab files.