• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

UWP App release to Surface Pro

Do i have to purchase a specific module in GMS2 to release an app to a Surface Pro device?
I have the ones for android and ios, but i want to know if i need something extra

chamaeleon

Do i have to purchase a specific module in GMS2 to release an app to a Surface Pro device?
I have the ones for android and ios, but i want to know if i need something extra
Desktop if you want to generate a normal Windows game/app, UWP if you want to release through the Microsoft Store.

if i am understanding correctly, all i would need is standard dev GMS2 to put an app on a surface pro?
no extra money needed to spend on Game Maker?
the only money i need to spend is to Microsoft to be able to release to the public?

chamaeleon

if i am understanding correctly, all i would need is standard dev GMS2 to put an app on a surface pro?
no extra money needed to spend on Game Maker?
the only money i need to spend is to Microsoft to be able to release to the public?
If you buy the Desktop license, as long as the Surface Pro is not running Windows 10 S (which only allows programs to be installed from the Microsoft Store), you are all set for creating games that you can distribute by yourself or any other suitable place for distributing things like games (with whatever restrictions, limitations, conditions apply to those places).