• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android App never opens on connected device after running build (VM or YYC) GMS2.2 & GMS2.3

Everything seems to build just fine. I can build an APK and manually install it on my device after transferring it over via USB, and that works fine. When I run a VM build, it gets to these lines:
Code:
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=718.9182
Stats : GMA : sp=2,au=0,bk=0,pt=2,sc=5,sh=0,fo=0,tl=0,ob=6,ro=1,da=0,ex=0,ma=29,fm=0x200200008280220
and then just sits there "building" forever. The app never pops up on the device.

Building with YYC, again the build doesn't seem to have any errors, and it ends with these lines:

Code:
Igor complete.
D:\Android-SDK\platform-tools\adb -s "" shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.pixelatedpope.mobilepachinko/.RunnerActivity
Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cmp=com.pixelatedpope.mobilepachinko/.RunnerActivity }

D:\Android-SDK\platform-tools\adb DONE (0)
D:\Android-SDK\platform-tools\adb -s "" logcat yoyo:V MoPub:V DEBUG:V Ads:V MillennialMediaSDK:V AndroidRuntime:V GAV4:V *:S
However, the app it pulls up is the one I installed, and none of my recent changes show up.

If I uninstall the previously installed APK and run again with YYC nothing pops up on my device and instead I get these lines:

Code:
Igor complete.
D:\Android-SDK\platform-tools\adb -s "" shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.pixelatedpope.mobilepachinko/.RunnerActivity
Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cmp=com.pixelatedpope.mobilepachinko/.RunnerActivity }
Error type 3
Error: Activity class {com.pixelatedpope.mobilepachinko/com.pixelatedpope.mobilepachinko.RunnerActivity} does not exist.

D:\Android-SDK\platform-tools\adb DONE (0)
D:\Android-SDK\platform-tools\adb -s "" logcat yoyo:V MoPub:V DEBUG:V Ads:V MillennialMediaSDK:V AndroidRuntime:V GAV4:V *:S
I've ran out of things to try.

[EDIT]
Some minor additional information.

I created a template app in Android Studio, and it had no problem opening up the app on my phone.

Last edited:

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Did you enable USB debugging and allow all developer options related to USB installation in your Android device? If so, clear the cache, try to see in the task manager if Java is open and force it to close, run project again. If none of this works, try updating the Android Studio SDK.

Last edited:
@FoxyOfJungle Thanks for the reply, turns out I'm just a gigantic idiot.

I guess the last time I did Android Development was before the addition of the DEVICES panel to the target options.

I didn't set up my phone as a device, and somehow missed that huge part of the "setting up android" instructions. Had to start all over on another PC to see that I had missed it.

Would be nice if there was an error thrown when you don't have a target device set up...