1. Hey! Guest! The 34th GMC Jam will take place between August 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Thursday noon) and August 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Android App in background

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by Marko03970, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Marko03970

Marko03970 Member

Hi everyone,
    How can I make my app work in the background on android? If anyone knows please help me.
    Thanks.

2. pipebkOT

pipebkOT Member

@Marko03970
    and android game app? and what tasks would you want to happen in the background?, most games that do tasks in the background, are really time-server based and not really working in the background.

3. Marko03970

Marko03970 Member

I want my app to be run (to appear) after certain time.

4. Marko03970

Marko03970 Member

I also want to make that when it appears, it unlocks the phone.

5. johnwo

johnwo Member

An app that unlocks the phone after a certain interval would be a HUGE security risk.
    I can say that if a user has any security-feature (fingerprint, PIN, password, etc.) enabled, this is not possible; even a phone w/o any screen-lock enabled, I highly doubt it's possible...

6. pipebkOT

pipebkOT Member

@Marko03970

that would be hard to do, certainly impossible , i never seen an app nor a game that can do that.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  7. Marko03970

Marko03970 Member

@johnwo
    @pipebkOT
    Okay, but can I make the application to activate the power on button on the phone when it activates. And can the application while the phone is in that state (powered on but not unlocked)?

8. pipebkOT

pipebkOT Member

nop, I don't think any of that could be possible.

you should just throw that idea away.

9. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

What exactly are you trying to do these things for?
    Any app that unlocked my phone and turned it on in my pocket without me knowing would get instantly uninstalled.

In reality I would think that it would be rejected by Apple / Google for violating the app guidelines / security guidelines anyway - at least I'd hope so.

10. johnwo

johnwo Member

Just take android for example: You don't remember the PIN to unlock your screen? Reset you phone.
    Same for iOS; hell they had debacles with law enforcement for that...