• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX App force quits whenever trying to convert old file

18LEX1

I made a game a few years back (2018-2019) and when trying to open with Gamemaker 2 (newly downloaded from my laptop), it says I need to convert the file because it is in an old version.

When I click "OK" to convert, the app force quits.

Any idea for how to recover my file?Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 5.44.37 PM.png

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Try to convert it using an older version of GMS2. Slowly work your way up until you've converted it to the newest format.

knightshaft

2.3 is a massive change from earlier versions. 2.3.0 does the same to my project as it does to your and 2.3.1 introduced a pile of bugs that weren't there in pre 2.3 versions so I'm still running 2.2.5.

Tyg

I had problems with conversions from my older games
with 2.3.1 there was a buggy conversion version..lol
but latest version ide V2.3.1.502 and Runtime V2.3.1.409 fixed alot of conversion issues
and i like the add existing options, i can take objects from my older games and import them :)
Mine works ok now