Distribution App buyout, is it a scam?

M

Mann_mit_Hut

Hey guys,

I recently got emailed from https://webuyapps.top with the offer sell my app as an agent with all rights, art and sourcecode. A classical buyout, they want to recieve 5% of the selling price.
My app fulfills their search profile, good rated and more than 10k downloads, they say that's why they contacted me.

Sounds legit to me, what makes me suspicious is that their website and the email don't contain a name, adress or other things that would be important in business that includes real money.
So the question is: is it scam? And where is the point I would get scammed?

Thanks for advice guys!!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mann_mit_Hut

Thanks, found many companies that seem to try to copy that scheme... ;)

M

Mann_mit_Hut

Hey, I didn't do it.
But I'm pretty sure you they won't scam you for your money because they have other goals and don't want attention through complaining customers.
If you go for it, feel free to share your experience!

Cpaz

I know this discussion is basically finished, but I'd like to throw my two cents in since ive actually been offered a publishing deal for Project ARANA through Black Shell Media back when they were making rounds through the community.

Simply put, I declined because I was young, inexperienced, and would likely not be able to meet any demands they might put in place because of school.

I should also note that the company does sort of a crummy way of handling advertising and such. Specifically they spam Twitter with a bunch of different games almost minutes at a time if memory serves correctly. Haven't checked them recently, but if they still exist, they're likely sticking with their guns of quantity over quality.

So essentially, I figured out from that interaction that I should generally avoid publishers that go seeking people. Most respectable, well established, publishers have a system you can go through in some shape or form.you just have to find them.

Then again, I've only been contacted by the one, so I could be completely inaccurate.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
So essentially, I figured out from that interaction that I should generally avoid publishers that go seeking people. Most respectable, well established, publishers have a system you can go through in some shape or form.you just have to find them.
This. This is the exact way it works. In general you look for the publisher, and it's very, very rare that a publisher with any type of reputation or viability will come looking for you.