• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Asset - Extension Apollo - use Lua code in GM games! (Win/Mac/Linux)

chamaeleon

Greetings, I apologize as I am not the greatest in GMS, however I was wondering how to run lua scripts, do I have to execute them in a notepad software such as Notepad++ if so, how do I perform this?
Or do I just write lua in a script, I am a little bit confused as what to do.
Use lua_add_code() (if available as a string within your GML code) or lua_add_file() (if your Lua code is stored in an included file) to load your Lua code so it can be executed. Then use the various Lua extension call functions (lua_call(), lua_call_w(), lua_call_m(), etc.). There are numerous other functions performing various tasks that may or may not be necessary for any of your use cases.

I imagine you need to spend some time thoroughly reading through the extension reference manual at https://yal.cc/r/17/lua/. Presumably, knowing Lua would be rather helpful too, so hopefully this is a familiar language to you.

I have no personal experience with the extension and do not own it.