Steam Apokalypsis [Greenlight - DEMO]

Q

Quantum Entanglement

TRAILER:

DEMO TESTED ON:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3635QM 2.40GHz 8GB Radeon R9 M200X

DOWNLOAD LINK > http://www.midiandesign.com/apo_demo.zip
>>> If you like this demo please consider to strike a vote to get it lit, thank you :) <<<
GREENLIGHT
> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=741543927
FACEBOOK > https://www.facebook.com/QEGames

DESCRIPTION:
The Alpha-Draconian army to which you belong is one of the most powerful of the Galaxy, and you are one of the most capable pilots of this army having fought in countless battles.
But through time, something inside you started changing...
Yet another attack against one of the many unlucky planets is to break out, planet Earth this time. While the targets are getting locked in the crosshairs of your army, you decided to rebel.
You're on your private one-man retaliation mission now, killing your fellow pilots on the planet, destroy the mother ship and free the galaxy forever from this unstoppable threat, hitting directly to the heart, in the underground base on the home planet.
You are however disadvantaged, not only because you alone are up to face an army of millions, but also because your robot was partially damaged in a previous fight and cannot face long periods of battle without overheating in a fatal way for your mission and for you!
Can you defeat the enemy troops and cleanse your conscience?

TECH SPECS:

- Genre: Action
- Category: Arcade, Scrolling shoot 'em up
- Perspective: Side view
- Setting: Sci-Fi / Futuristic
- Supported Input Devices: Keyboard + mouse
- Supported Number of Players: 1 Player

KEY FEATURES:
This is a budget game, including:

- Random levels
- Random Enemies
- 3 difficulty levels (Normal, Hard, Apocalypse)
- 40 levels in total, divided in 4 areas of 10 levels each: Earth, Space, Mothership, Underground Base
- After the completion of an area you'll enter a boss fight before moving on to the new area. There are 4 boss fights in total.
- Shoot and destroy enemies to gather resources for healing your robot
- Upgrade possibilities for your robot by catching random bonus drops. Do not shoot random bonus drops, this will destroy them giving you nothing. Examples of upgrades are increasing your resistance level or your rate of fire, or you can get assisted by pods with random skills.

CONTROL:
Keyboard:
- Use the WASD keys to move your robot.
- During battle your robot will get damaged. In order to heal the affected area of your damaged robot use the 1-2-3 keys. These healing options are only available after you've gathered enough resources by destroying your enemies.

Mouse:
- accurately aiming.​

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mariospants

Love the monochromatic graphics, and the use of rotating highlights gives it a real 3D look without the 3D... and Flight of the Valkyries always gets me pumping... a couple of things:

1. is there a demo we can try?
  2. the demo makes the game look a little too easy...
  3. it's a giant bipedal robot that flies... but does it walk? Can you walk in the game? Does it have "platforming" sections?
Otherwise, looks really sharp and promising!

Q

Quantum Entanglement

thank you mariospants :) I'm working on a demo, atm there are too few things to enjoy. It's a random levels game, so you see in these few seconds a simple wave, but there are 3 levels of difficulty and I assure you it's really hard :D This is a shoot 'em up, not a platform game, something in the style of Forgotten World mixed with the purpose of a running game. Fast sessions (there's a timer) trying to beat the high score and killing enemies when the monitor gets full of flying red dots :D

Q

Quantum Entanglement

Yep, as you can see in the video it's "30", 2 shots every sec., but collecting bonuses you can reach "10", 6 every sec. In every Shoot em up there's a rain of bullets and I'm trying a different way, a s.e.p. where you need to shoot in the right direction and not everywhere waiting for the "rain" to hit some targets :) I will post a new video next month where you will see many enemies and a fast fire rate :)

M

Misty

Yep, as you can see in the video it's "30", 2 shots every sec., but collecting bonuses you can reach "10", 6 every sec. In every Shoot em up there's a rain of bullets and I'm trying a different way, a s.e.p. where you need to shoot in the right direction and not everywhere waiting for the "rain" to hit some targets :) I will post a new video next month where you will see many enemies and a fast fire rate :)
Cause and correlation.

One may deduce that there is some cause and correlation that all shmups have bulletrain.
It is possible that game developers tested it and decided that the optimum aesthetics, psychology, and gameplay, was bullet rain.
And it is possible that every game designer who got tired of bullet rain and tried something different, ultimately decided that bullet rain was the ultimate best solution.
If removing bullet rain does not enhance game feel you should not use it simply because it is new and different from other games.
Kind of like square wheels.

What is a s.e.p.?

Also, the typical solution is to engineer some enemies that are resistant to Bullet Rain and only vulnerable to Missiles or Cannon, if you want to encourage player strategy and precise aiming during certain times.

Last edited:
Q

Quantum Entanglement

Thank you Misty, I see your point :) thanks for advices. I wrote "sep" for "shoot em up"

Q

Quantum Entanglement

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

Quantum Entanglement

I've made many changes, and edited my previous post adding some videos, it's 70% done :)

Q

Quantum Entanglement

Oh sorry, I already made 5 songs (also music is chosen randomly) I update the post :)

Q

Quantum Entanglement

The game is complete, I updated the first post with a link to a DEMO :)