• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

API 13 Missing

H

Humphrey M

Hi,
I've been having several issues with exporting my game to Android. It says that you need the 32 bit JDK (7) regardless of your system. However, when I downloaded Android Studio (couldn't find the download for the sdk manager by itself) it gave me an error message telling me to download the 64 bit JDK. My system is 64 so I downloaded this as well and it seemed to work. I downloaded the nessessary API's from the sdk manager in android studio but now gamemaker is giving me this error message:
'Google APIs for API level 13 are not installed - run Android SDK Manager and ensure Google APIs for API level 13 is installed'.
It says on the SDK Manager that it is installed so I'm wondering why this error message is still showing. I've restarted my computer as well and it still appears.
I have Gamemaker Master and Windows 7.
Thanks !

H

Humphrey M

Problem solved, I got it all working on my phone! Surprised I didn't get any response though :/

K

Kidsandlions

Hey how's it going. I've been struggling with the same problem myself and cant find any solutions anywhere. How did you end up solving this?
Thanks.

K

Kidsandlions

Nevermind, I also got it working. I had to check obsolete in the SDK manager and grab the API level 13 google ApI.

Carloskhard

You've installed Android Studio, the setup guide specifically states not to download that and download the Command Line Tools.

https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753498-GameMaker-Studio-Android-SDK-and-NDK-setup-
I know,I was following that web but the file they say to download no longer exits.You have to install Android Studio or "sdk tools" which is a folder that GM doesn't recognize.

I've spent 6 hours now looking for the android sdk and I can only find it in android studio because all the tutorials tell you to download "sdk manager" from that page,but that link no longer exists now

rIKmAN

This one? But that one only contains a folder and GM does not recognize it
It does recognise it - extract the folder, run "android.bat" to open the SDK Manager and update it, install API's etc.
Then in GMS Android Preferences point the "SDK" to that folder.

I'd suggest following this guide, it seems like you are getting confused somewhere.
Oh and uninstall Android Studio, you don't need it.

Carloskhard

It does recognise it - extract the folder, run "android.bat" to open the SDK Manager and update it, install API's etc.
Then in GMS Android Preferences point the "SDK" to that folder.

I'd suggest following this guide, it seems like you are getting confused somewhere.
Oh and uninstall Android Studio, you don't need it.
I don't see any "Android.bat" and none of the aplications in the folder opens

Attachments

rIKmAN

I don't see any "Android.bat" and none of the aplications in the folder opens
Seriously, take a breath, relax and read what I am saying to you.

Uninstall Android Studio.
Download the Command Line Tools that I linked you to.
Extract that file - it contains single "tools" folder.
In the "tools" folder is a file called "android.bat"
Double click "android.bat" and the SDK Manager will open.

The picture you just linked contains all those files because it's the tools from Android Studio, not the Command Line Tools.

I know because I just re-downloaded the Command Line Tools to check it's contents, and just as I thought - it contains just a single "tools" folder, so you have the wrong file.

I would suggest completely starting from fresh and setting up Android using the guide I linked you to above, it takes you from start to finish including what files to download, what setting to use in GMS etc.

Carloskhard

Seriously, take a breath, relax and read what I am saying to you.

Uninstall Android Studio.
Download the Command Line Tools that I linked you to.
Extract that file - it contains single "tools" folder.
In the "tools" folder is a file called "android.bat"
Double click "android.bat" and the SDK Manager will open.

The picture you just linked contains all those files because it's the tools from Android Studio, not the Command Line Tools.

I know because I just re-downloaded the Command Line Tools to check it's contents, and just as I thought - it contains just a single "tools" folder, so you have the wrong file.

I would suggest completely starting from fresh and setting up Android using the guide I linked you to above, it takes you from start to finish including what files to download, what setting to use in GMS etc.
I'm trying to make every step clear but still get stuck.
I uninstalled Android Studio.
I already have installed Java JDK and Android NDK.
I've managed to download that folder with the "android.bat" inside but when I double click it opens cmd.exe

rIKmAN

I'm trying to make every step clear but still get stuck.
I uninstalled Android Studio.
I already have installed Java JDK and Android NDK.
I've managed to download that folder with the "android.bat" inside but when I double click it opens cmd.exe
Yes, because it's a .bat file and the black cmd window will stay open.
It should also open the SDK Manager so check that it isn't hidden behind something you have open or another window.

Carloskhard

Yes, because it's a .bat file and the black cmd window will stay open.
It should also open the SDK Manager so check that it isn't hidden behind something you have open or another window.
Nope.I'm reading a lot of people have this same problem and the few solutions they're giving are very long and difficult.
This is deffinetly not easy...

Carloskhard

No worries, glad you finally got it working, happy to help! :)
Well,I got that working but now when I try to run the game it says this:
error: device unauthorized.
This adb server's $ADB_VENDOR_KEYS is not set
Try 'adb kill-server' if that seems wrong.
Otherwise check for a confirmation dialog on your device.
Looking for the solution now

rIKmAN

Well,I got that working but now when I try to run the game it says this:
error: device unauthorized.
This adb server's $ADB_VENDOR_KEYS is not set
Try 'adb kill-server' if that seems wrong.
Otherwise check for a confirmation dialog on your device.
Looking for the solution now
Did you enable USB Debugging and "Developer Mode" on your device?
Have you installed the drivers for your device?

Check the "Device Setup for Android" section of this article - it's about halfway down.

When you get to the point of testing a project on your device, use an empty room to rule out any problems - if that compiles then you should be good to go and any errors from there on out are from code in your project.

Carloskhard

Did you enable USB Debugging and "Developer Mode" on your device?
Have you installed the drivers for your device?

Check the "Device Setup for Android" section of this article - it's about halfway down.
Ohh,yes,I had it enable,but the solution was as simple as uncheking "USB debbuging" and the checking it again :)
So the game is finally working,thanks again! jaja Hope this helps other people too

T

Type Ace

Hello, I had the same problem but the real problem is that whenn I run android.bat It quickly closes and skd manager does not appears.
Can anybody help?

rIKmAN

Hello, I had the same problem but the real problem is that whenn I run android.bat It quickly closes and skd manager does not appears.
Can anybody help?
When people have reported this previously, it has usually been an issue with their Java installation.

Make sure you have the correct version and that you have set your path via the Environment Variables

T

Type Ace

Which Jdk is the correct?
Java SE Development Kit 8u151 or Java SE Development Kit 8u152 ?

Dmi7ry

As I remember, API 13 dependency was removed. You don't needed it. Be sure that you use latest GMS.

Can anybody help?
Open console (Win + R → cmd) and run .bat from it

Which Jdk is the correct?
Java SE Development Kit 8u151 or Java SE Development Kit 8u152 ?
Help → Required SDKs

T

Type Ace

Open console (Win + R → cmd) does the same thing, it runs and closes instantly again.

I'm installing jdk 8u102 right now. let's see.

Open console (Win + R → cmd) does the same thing, it runs and closes instantly again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dmi7ry

Press Win + R, it shows a small window. Enter there "cmd" (without quotes) and press Enter. It opens console. Then
a) Change directory to path where .bat is placed (using "cd" command, etc). And then run .bat.
or b) Drag and drop the .bat file into console, it should insert full path automatically. Then press Enter.

T

Type Ace

Thank you so much!
It finally worked when I Installed the latest version of GMS that's not API 13 dependable as Dmi7ry said.

Have a nice day! :)