• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Apex - Zombies

P

PerilousProductions

WINDOWS DOWNLOAD - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByDiw1tSPsaJWWE4eW11TUl5Yk0/view?usp=sharing

Controls:
MOVE - WASD
Weild Weapon - Right mouse
Use Weapon - Left mouse
Interact - left mouse no right mouse

The time has almost come!! This epic one man project after over a years worth of toil has almost come to an end!!!

Create your own player, Scavenge for tools, weapons, food, materials, BUILD, craft!! fight zombies!! Find survivors in a seamlessly generated world, save them, manage them, look after them, keep them fed and medicated, give them schedules, watch there relationships develop, keep them happy or they will leave!! Don't let them be eaten and zombiefied!!

any bugs or ideas? now is the time to let me know!!!
I hope you are all psyched about this as much as I am!!

WHATS LEFT TO DO???

Take a look at my to do list!!

Apex Zombies!
--------------------
Remake the tutorial for the new version

Add windows to buildings / Add Curtains - Destroying them gains cloth so you can craft clothes

find a way to stop ai from passing through each other

make survivors use weapons they have in there inventory

make survivors take any weapons that are better than what they currently have

Save areas that player just built on (if you build on an area you are not in it will not be saved till you get there)

some objects when building do not have the correct y offset, FIX IT!!!

////////////////////////-------------- COMPLETED GAME ENGINE
// EXTRAS
--------------- Add More Items
--------------- Add More Craftable Items
--------------- Add More Food And Drink Types
--------------- Add More Wallpaper Patterns
--------------- Add More Crafting Material Types
--------------- Add More Types Of Buildable Items And Structures!
--------------- Add More survivor perks and traits
--------------- Add More building variations

//------------------------------ GAME COMPLETE!!!!!

REMEMBER YOU MUTED THE SOUNDS IN THE PLATMOSPHERE CREATE EVENT!!

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PerilousProductions

Well check it out and see for yourself, there is nothing else like it I guarantee you!!
How many other rpg's / sandbox games have you seen where you can set all npc there own unique shift schedule sort there inventory and have to look after them, with a seamlessly generated world and live map with custom marker placed by the player etc, has it's own calander and weather system, the title is an understatement no offence to anybody but so much work has gone into this, not to toot my own horn, but it really is the most sophisticated game I've ever seen on the forums.

But the graphics do need work

GMWolf

aka fel666
Well check it out and see for yourself, there is nothing else like it I guarantee you!!
How many other rpg's / sandbox games have you seen where you can set all npc there own unique shift schedule sort there inventory and have to look after them, with a seamlessly generated world and live map with custom marker placed by the player etc, the title is an understatement no offence to anybody but so much work has gone into this, not to toot my own horn, but it really is the most complex game I've ever seen on the forums.
OK, I'm done :) not trying it out. Sorry.
Check out the stuff that was made in the GM8 era. Some of it was godly.
(And now with full blown games like hyper light drifter and all....)

P

PerilousProductions

That's your choice, but that doesn't take anything away from this game and you can't really have an opinion on it without seeing it for yourself :)

A screenshot, since none are provided in the thread's original post:

I dunno. This might be close to the most complicated game ever made with GM, but I'm not sure it's quite there yet. X'D

Last edited:

rIKmAN

but it really is the most sophisticated game I've ever seen on the forums.
You do realise not all GMS-made games are posted on the forum, right?
Do you know the list of commercial games made with GMS?

Having an inventory, some weather, markers, and procedurally generated maps does not make it "close to the most complicated game ever made with GM".

Congrats on your creation, but I won't be trying it either after that "used car salesman" pitch.
Humility is an important trait, lack of which can really affect a persons first impression of something and you only get one chance to make a first impression.

If you are serious about it I would suggest contracting an artist to rework the art so people will take it a little more seriously than the vibe the screenshot gives off.

Good luck with it!

Bingdom

Googledom
Played it, does carry pretty simple mechanics and nothing really 'special' about it.

Again, like what others have said, please don't create any misleading titles and description. You'll receive negative attitude.

I don't want to see the forums filled false information like this. You didn't even show any screenshots of the game. :/
Good luck!

P

PerilousProductions

Ok I've taken into consideration what everybody has said, and I can see why it would stir some upset, i didnt mean to annoy anybody I was just so hyped to be finally showing it off after all this time!! but I get it, thanks everybody for the criticism I will take it in stride and keep it in mind for the actual release, thanks everybody!! :)