• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android ... Anyone using the GooglePlayLicensing extension ? ...

PinkySwear

Hello,
Everytime we try to pack an android aab with the extension GooglePlayLicensingAsExt, we get build failed..
..anyone here using the google licensing extension without issues??

PinkySwear

darn.. i hope we get help soon :S
its really a head-scratcher.. i tried with different API, tried updating Gamemaker studio to the latest version, tried updating my SDKs..
..nothing! it works perfectly without the extension.
please Gamemaker god.... help!..

PinkySwear

is there a place to download older version of the extension GooglePlayLicensingExt ? i think an older version might work..
EDIT: i found older downloads of gamemaker studio, will try it right now
...EDIT..older version of GMS didnt change the rsult.. i need to find an older version of the extension..

Last edited:

PinkySwear

wow 1.4 ....but its a long way back... will AdMob extension still work? i feel as if there might be new bugs in my apps if i downgrade that far, knowing that a lot of fixes and optimization has been done in gamemaker studio..

PinkySwear

now, i try to install 1.4 but when luanching it says ''no license for 1.4 attached to your account'' ..can we still get licenses for 1.4 ?

PinkySwear

i cant beleive anyone around are using the GooglePlayLicensing extension wihtout issues on gamemaker studio 2.** ?there must be someone who can comfirm to use it on the latest GMS releases..
So desparate right now..

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
DO NOT use GMS 1.4 for publishing to Google Play. For one, it has been past sunset for over 2 years, and you can no longer buy licenses for it. For two, its Android export cannot export the 64-bit binaries that Google Play has been demanding since August 2019, and it will never be worked on again. I am absolutely tired of having to remind people of this time and time again for 2 years straight, and yet there are still cheapskates and troglodytes who keep bringing it up again. If you are going to publish to mobile platforms, do the professional thing and stay abreast on current tools and news.

If you want to implement Google Play Licensing using YoYo's extensions, as of now you must use this new one for GMS 2.3+, NOT this old one for legacy GMS 2.

PinkySwear

hey Frosty, thanks for the reply!
But this is the one we are using and it gives us Build Failed..can you comfirm its working fine on your side with the latest GMS ?

PinkySwear

.. there are still cheapskates and troglodytes who keep bringing it up again. If you are going to publish to mobile platforms, do the professional thing and stay abreast on current tools ..
but what if the current tools doesnt work but and older version does?

EDIT: is there another method to use the license public key when packing an Android app, without the licensing extension?

Last edited:

PinkySwear

...please...can anyone confirm that, it's impossible at the moment to use the GooglePlayLicensing extension with the latest GMS ?