• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Anyone here ever witnessed a CRIME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K12gamer

I did...a long while back...when XBOX 360 had just come out in stores.
I was standing in line at a Toys R US...waiting to purchases a game.
The guy in front of me was acting real nervous...I could tell he was up to something.
He asked the lady behind the counter if he could see the box of a XBOX 360...I turned around and looked at the empty display
boxes they had all around the store...and though he could have easily just picked up and looked at one of those.
The lady handed him one of the boxes from behind the counter that had an actual console in it.

Guess what happened next... 😧
He turned around and ran out of the store with the XBOX 360.
The lady behind the counter was so shocked it took her a few minutes to call security.
Now I know why they only put empty display boxes on the customer side of the store.

K12gamer

@woodsmoke
At age 18 I worked at a Gas Station...a month before going to college.
Two of us were working...when some dude drove up...put his hand in his pocket...and said he had a gun. He robbed us.
I had all my 1's in one pocket...and all my 5's,10's, 20's in a separate pocket. I only gave him the 1's (around $80)

At a gas station there is a safe built in the floor...and we had to make drop offs, so we never had a lot of cash.

After the police were called...they came to the dumb conclusion that my co-worker and I made the robbery up and kept the money ourselves.
I lost the job and never received my final paycheck.
I cussed the detective on the case out on the phone...then walked 3 miles to the police station and cussed him out in person.
That was a long time ago...and the detective who accused us has since died.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I was managing at a Burger King. It was a Sunday morning around 7 or 8AM. A cashier was in the office with me on the phone, I was verifying deposits so I had visible cash out. A lady came through the side door from the lobby into the kitchen, grabbed my cook and pointed the gun at her...then noticed that I had money out(you can see the office through glass from the kitchen. She let the cook go, who screamed running out. The lady walked to the office and tried to get in(it was locked), but instead of pointing the gun and making me open the door, She just started shooting. I was lucky enough to be able to get down and not get shot at all, but my cashier took a couple bullets and died. I'm guessing the robber panicked when my cook screamed and took off, I didn't even have a chance to just hand the cash over(which I would have, it isn't mine anyway). After taking those shots the robber ran away, so She didn't end up getting the money anyway.

And yes, I swear this is a true story. In the aftermath, the company had tried to settle a reasonable amount with the cashier's family...but the sued anyway, and I heard they ended up losing and so my company only paid for transporting the body to Mexico and the burial costs(when the original offer was higher so I heard). They should have taken the original offer instead of getting greedy, you can't put a value on a life anyway.

woodsmoke

@K12gamer
You did the right thing by giving out money ... and repeatedly cussing out the detective ;). No cameras?
You got any more? Your 2nd one is quite an escalation to the first story.

Edit:
@kburkhart84
Damn that's heavy, such an awful situation.
Okay don't want any more now.

Last edited:

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
Damn that's heavy, such an awful situation.
There is a silver lining, at least for me personally. I had never been in that kind of a situation before. We all want to think we can react and do what's needed under pressure like that...many of us would just freeze up though. I personally know now that I'm one of the ones who won't freeze up, as I reacted right away instead of folding over.

K12gamer

@kburkhart84
Was the robber ever caught? I don't think he was in my situation.
Oh...and did that incident leave you mentally scared for a long time?...The robbery I was in kinda messed me up forever (More nervous at things than I used to be)

@woodsmoke
My incident happened a long time ago (30 years)...Not many cameras back then.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
Was the robber ever caught? I don't think he was in my situation.
Oh...and did that incident leave you mentally scared for a long time?...The robbery I was in kinda messed me up forever (More nervous at things than I used to be)
The car used was a stolen Mustang. They caught somebody using it but it wasn't the robber herself. That was the last I heard, I don't know if they ever managed to catch the actual person by the time it was done.

I'm lucky to say I didn't really have any mental issues or anything like that. The paramedics were insistent that I don't drive for a few days to be safe(apparently some people start thinking about bad things when driving leading to them doing bad things)...so I complied with those requests just in case. All in all I'm a pretty mentally stable guy though, I generally don't get affected by things that go on. I generally just accept things that happen and move on.

TheouAegis

I helped with security at my old gas station job. The cashier on the shift before me got robbed and I got to watch the camera footage. That's the extent of my "witnessing" it, but it was kinda entertaining: He bought a single candy for 5 cents (this was when candy BARS were 50 cents). The cashier rang it up and when the till opened, he tries to take the money. The cashier (woman in her late 40s) clocked him upside the head. That was funny. Then he flashed a gun and she backed off, he grabbed the till and disappeared on foot. I don't think he was ever caught.

INVEST IN HIGH-END CAMERAS, PEOPLE!

I had to ban a couple customers from the property after being able to ID them shoplifting. Had to fire a couple employees after catching them stealing out of the till. I've stopped a couple of shoplifters at the door. Thankfully no violent crimes.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
This is a bit of gray area as it revolves around illegal activities... this is a community that is frequented by young users, and I don't think this is necessarily the kind of content they should be presented with when doing so. Therefore, I'll have to lock this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.