• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Any way to smoothly scale down drawn graphics?

bsabiston

I'm trying to programmatically create some sprite buttons using the draw commands. But they are jaggy and I'd like them to be antialiased. I thought I would draw them at 4 or 8 or 16 times the size I want into a surface, then scale that down to the final button sprite/texture. But so far it is not working very well. I'm using draw_surface_stretched to draw the big surface onto the small surface, and I do see some slight blending going on, but it does not look like I would expect from a quality scale down from an image 8x larger.

I've tried gpu_set_texfilter() and that is what gave me the slightly filtered effect I do see -- but I guess it is just doing some crappy auto-texture scale and not a true filtered scale. Is there any way to do a quality scale in GMS outside of doing it myself pixel-by-pixel?

Thanks!