• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Any plans on early purchasing?

F

Firebelley

I'm really enjoying my time with GMS2, so much so that I'm ready to purchase it. Are there any plans to allow "preorders" with unrestricted access to the beta ahead of launch? If not then that's a shame, the project that I'm working on has hit all the limits of the trial version and I want to keep using the software.

If not, I guess I'll have to wait. Just a thought and wanted to see what everyone else thinks.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I would likely pony up for at the least the windows/PC licensing as an early adopter. I get that 50% discount with my Master Collection, and honestly I don't care much for mobile at this point and may not even purchase those licenses for GMS2 as they got little to no use in version 1.(This is my fault that I didn't use them, not Yoyo).

A

Aura

None that I'm aware of. Given that the current GMS 2 version is the Trial version and the Desktop Beta is yet to be released, it's very unlikely to happen that they would provide unrestricted access to it beforehand.

T

ThewDev

While I don't think it's been confirmed anywhere, I was under the impression that purchasing Desktop beta would remove the restrictions -- and it's supposed to be released before the end of the year.

N

NPT

While I don't think it's been confirmed anywhere, I was under the impression that purchasing Desktop beta would remove the restrictions -- and it's supposed to be released before the end of the year.
If it hasn't been confirmed anywhere, why would you be under that impression?

T

ThewDev

If it hasn't been confirmed anywhere, why would you be under that impression?
My theory is just based on the fact that the desktop beta and the current beta are two different things. The difference might simply be the ability to compile an application for desktop platforms, but I'm hoping it'll be a less restricted release (and I'd happily pay for it).

Nice! Can't find the links to purchase Desktop beta (or any version for that matter). :p

Would you please enlighten us?
It's not available yet, but the roadmap states it will be released in beta form before the end of the year. It costing money and removing restrictions is just speculation on my part. It's possible Yoyo is still working out the details of how they want to handle those releases, and that's why they haven't commented on it.

EDIT: And hey, it turns out I was right. The desktop beta is now available and is unrestricted.

Last edited by a moderator: