• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Any news on Xbox One Support?

G

gemintronic

I purchased UWP support some time ago. I've been forced to use Construct 2 as it compiles and uploads to my retail (turned devkit) Xbox One. Game Maker does not seem to support this yet. And, no, you don't need an ID@whatever to export your Construct 2 game to the devkit.

So, just wondering how people are testing their games on Xbox One? Is support out there? I'd much rather use Game Maker.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
...people make games for the XBone? :p I've not heard a single reviewer being positive about it.

As far as I know about the PlayStation exports, all the platform-specific and implementation/export questions are handled by the Sony developer support so that they can personally keep things hush-hush. If there is an GMS Xbox export, I would imagine it's handled the same way.

G

gemintronic

Well, Xbox One support was touted on the Game Maker blog awhile ago. I'd hope they would announce support to paying developers after beta. Communication is key - especially if you announce it as an upcoming feature.

P.S. Yeah, it was tough to find games I liked on the Xbone. Once you activate it for development you can't play normal games. They give you 3 activations turning it into a dev unit then it's done. Not very fun.

Last edited by a moderator: