• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Any news on Gamemaker Studio 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Singing Nun

Hiya!

New to this place, or old, but at least new forum (yay!).

I wonder, does anyone know when Gamemaker Studio 2 will be announced? Seems like forever we last heard something (2014, and at that time it was like "next year something is coming"). So I'm just wondering, is it still an active project? :)

L

Lotias

They're 7 months late on the last statement on its release date - they said the goal was to be released by the end of 2015. I don't think there's been any news since.

I

icuurd12b42

You wont get a peep from anyone. the beta testers signed a NDA. so stop asking.

S

Singing Nun

Ok. :). Yeah, well, I figured since Yoyogames has such a close relation to their fans maybe they wanted to throw their fans some hope regarding the new engine. ^^. But I guess I understand the concept of NDA and such.

True Valhalla

Full-Time Developer
GMC Elder
I figured since Yoyogames has such a close relation to their fans maybe they wanted to throw their fans some hope
Honestly, that's a stretch. YoYo Games have a poor record of keeping their customers in the loop (the recent relaunch of these forums being one of many examples). YoYo Game's community management and engagement is something they could really improve upon.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Ok. :). Yeah, well, I figured since Yoyogames has such a close relation to their fans maybe they wanted to throw their fans some hope regarding the new engine. ^^. But I guess I understand the concept of NDA and such.
YoYo is now the subsidiary of a large corporation. It has no more business mouthing off deadlines and announcing major changes in direction willy-nilly the way it used to. Everything goes through a PR department and higher management before it goes public.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Yeah, sorry, topic closed... This is not something that YYG are willing to discuss, and it's not something we want to speculate on, as that leads to rumours and rumours can be harmful...

Status
Not open for further replies.