• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Any Ideas to possibly toggle player persitence?

B

BlakeNBitz

I'm not sure what specifics I need to share but here's my situation:

Whenever the player dies from an enemy collision the room restarts, but the player doesn't reset because its a persistent object. However, I don't want to simply disable it (the persistence) because I have a door that when entered takes the player to another room, and I need the player to be persistent to spawn it at the proper location. Any Ideas for a work around to possibly toggle the players persistence? Any other (hopefully easy) workarounds that you might suggest? Please speak slowly as I am but a simple audio engineer still learning the ropes of GML :p

Many Thanks

obscene

That sets the object in the resource tree to persistent (so if you made another, it would be affected), but not the instance of that object that's currently in the game.

B

BlakeNBitz

That sets the object in the resource tree to persistent (so if you made another, it would be affected), but not the instance of that object that's currently in the game.
OK that makes more sense. Thanks again, much appreciated.