Any idea where I can get instant response?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Artwark

I've posted a lot of topics and the response seems to be a bit slow....

While I understand that it takes time to get some response, I would like to know how I can get responses as quickly as possible as well. Its just that I'm clueless of what to do in most cases and no one in my staff is familiar with game maker and if I can't finish it in due time, I'll be forced to work on double shifts which is something I can't afford to do. I'm not saying that I demand for such rapid response...I'm just saying that it would be a nice and it would be flexible for me as well seeing that I already have health issues and this is the only job I got right now.

Anything works. That I get responses at a particular time, or message with someone, etc.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I looked at your recent topics in the Programming Forum. Seems like you're already getting fast responses. One new topic got its first response in about 6 minutes. Another topic was answered in about a half hour. And another in about an hour.

Your topics have descriptive titles. And you explain your question clearly and provide the code you've tried. You're doing everything right.

So I don't think you can do much better. Best to just keep doing what you're doing, and leave well enough alone.

A

Aura

Time to speed up the help rate in the Programming forum... *sharpens keyboard*

But, gags aside, as already stated, the activity and response rate in the forum is already very high. (Seems to have come down from the initial rate though; just because the posting hype has calmed down a bit.)

Nonetheless your topics are already very well written and I don't think that you can do much about it. There are very few people here who instantly reply to threads; there are way more people asking for help. But that's completely understandable because we are not YoYo employees (but our service is still faster than theirs, though. ^^') but a group of volunteers who try to help others in their free time.

So yeah... there's not much you can do about it. (But you're on my list now...)

Z

zendraw

its double shifts or nothing my friend, you need to sacrifice somthing to get somthing. atleast its what my experience teaches me.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
When you get <1 hour response times from a free, mostly hobbyist-run support forum and still complain about it not being fast enough, that's my definition of "greedy" and "demanding instant response" no matter how you want to put it.

While having a health problem is sympathizable, giving you a free pass because of this is a dangerous precedent to set. If you get to demand instant access to answers due to a personal issue, what's stopping those scummy "students" or whiny TLDR-happy novices from demanding the same due to their personal "issues"? That opens a can of worms encouraging non-initiative and mooching off others, and I'd quit in the blink of an eye if YoYo sanctions that crap here.

My take is that you hire a GML tutor or coder temporarily, then use the time in between to solidify your GM basics or find more cash flow to keep a permanent coder in the team. When you wing it yourself and often can't make it happen in time unless someone else jumps in to clean up after you, whose job is it really?

Last edited:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I think Artwark's question has been answered. I'll close this, so it doesn't seem like we're all "piling on".

Status
Not open for further replies.