• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Any chance to recover empty .yy / .gml files?

retto_eru

Hello, I'm kinda new here and I wonder is there any way to recover a corrupted game maker 2 projects? There's a power outage in my area, and my pc just went out right when I'm writing some code in the game. Is there a way to recover it fast? I'm making the game for the opera game jam, and I'm in state of shock rn :<

[Update]
I've tried to use .yyp maker from itch.io, but now one of the most important objects just disappeared from the GM2 file manager. I've tried to open the .yy file, and it was just blank. Is there any way to restore them? or probably just restore blank .yy /.gml ? I haven't backup the project yet though.

1628822228805.png

brian

Hello, I'm kinda new here and I wonder is there any way to recover a corrupted game maker 2 projects? There's a power outage in my area, and my pc just went out right when I'm writing some code in the game. Is there a way to recover it fast? I'm making the game for the opera game jam, and I'm in state of shock rn :<

[Update]
I've tried to use .yyp maker from itch.io, but now one of the most important objects just disappeared from the GM2 file manager. I've tried to open the .yy file, and it was just blank. Is there any way to restore them? or probably just restore blank .yy /.gml ? I haven't backup the project yet though.
Was it blank before you used YYP Maker? There should be a folder called YYP Trash in your project's base directory that may be worth checking for clues.