• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Asset - Extension Any AD extensions that are ACTUALLY up to date please?

A

AVUOX

I can't seem to find any ad provided extensions (like the GooglePlayServicesExtension) that are actually up to date and working. So please if anyone is using an ad extension that is currently working AND is up to date I would very much appreciate it! Thanks!

W

Wraithious

If my previous suggestion Unity ads by Hanul isn't working for you then you are definitely doing something wrong because it is probably the simplest ad extension I've ever used and definitely works, did you try it?

A

AVUOX

Not yet i've been stuck on this googleplayextension stuff and im just gonna give up on it knowing that it is %100 out of date. So yes I will try this unity ads one out and i'll notify you if they worked or not probably in the next hour or so.

EDIT: Does my app have to be out of beta in order to work?

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AVUOX

I have a question between the difference on what a "video" does and what a "rewarded video" does. I have a hunch but im not sure.

A

AVUOX

Also should I put the code unity_ads_init on the gamestart event of the first object or should I make another object called "unityadsinit" and make it persistent with the gamestart event?

W

Wraithious

Also should I put the code unity_ads_init on the gamestart event of the first object or should I make another object called "unityadsinit" and make it persistent with the gamestart event?
Yep it gets called at game start. You can put it in your controller object for your game as long as its in the first room at first run of the game. As long as you have set up your unity ads account and have the project on google play you can test the ads, you have to set the testmode function to true to see the ads, then dont forget to set it back to false when you're done

W

Wraithious

It's literally this easy to show ads:
create event:
Code:
unity_ads_init(global.bannerId);
unity_ads_set_test_mode(false); //change this to true to test ads
show ad event:
Code:
if unity_ads_check_is_can_show() unity_ads_show();
I have a question between the difference on what a "video" does and what a "rewarded video" does. I have a hunch but im not sure.
Reward video disables skipping the ad

A

AVUOX

So if i have a button that you "tap" on and put it in the "left pressed" event for it the code would be:
Code:
if unity_ads_check_is_can_show() {
           unity_ads_show();
}
Im only wanting to show a video ad when clicked on and is the code that you put up for the create event for initializing banner ads only or is that needed in order to play a video? Also thank you for the responses! Hopefully I can test this out and only hope that this one will finally work out.

W

Wraithious

Yep you must use the initialization code to be able to play any ads, and you are correct with the tap screen event, that will actually start the ad.
That variable global.bannerId needs to be replaced with your secret number unity ads gives you for your game's ad.

A

AVUOX

Ok now one last question about the unity ads website. So when I go to my projects Unity Monetize page, where it says game id that's the one I use for the init? I know its an obvious question just there are so many other IDs displayed all around the website that it got pretty confusing. Also when im done testing the ads then I add my store game id because it wont let me as of right now since i guess its in beta? And also one more question, should I have rewarded video enabled and set to default and should i still keep video enabled or should i disable it? Sorry but one more EXTREMELY important question on if this extension works with the GooglePlayServiceExtension because so far from every single ad extension i've gotten each one makes the compile fail because of this extension but I absolutely need the GooglePlayServiceExtension.