• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Ant Colony Simulator

MeBoingus

If you haven't already, I'd highly suggest playing the old classic by Maxis Softare (I think?) 'Sim Ant'.

It's very similar to what you're trying to achieve, and I've never seen a similar concept pulled off successfully ever since. I look forward to keeping up to date on this project :).

If you haven't already, I'd highly suggest playing the old classic by Maxis Softare (I think?) 'Sim Ant'.

It's very similar to what you're trying to achieve, and I've never seen a similar concept pulled off successfully ever since. I look forward to keeping up to date on this project :).
I hope it's not too similar. I started by making a terrible bitmap editor where you move pixels around one by one as an 'ant'. The controls were very fun, so I thought maybe the pixels should be interactive. The game just took off from there.

J

jb skaggs

Empire of the ants is a modern 3d version - probably more like Dungeon Keeper than the original ant sim.

I worked on a ant colony game back in 2013ish but never attempted multiplayer. I had real issues finding ant assets and team members. Kudos on getting this going! I really hope this suceeds as ants are one my favorite things.