• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows [Answered] Problems installing Gamemaker studio 2

G

George2240

I recently tried to download Gamemaker studio 2 trail because I want to try it out but when I tried to download it on my PC it came up with an error saying it was already installed on my computer and then it said to press ok to replace this file, when I pressed ok nothing happened. I went and looked in the add or remove programmes application on my computer and it said the app was on my computer but when I tried to uninstall it or find location on my computer it did nothing and came up with an error message telling me the file didn't exist.

I really want to start using Gamemaker 2 and I'm not sure how to fix this problem?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Okay make sure that there is no %programdata%/GameMakerStudio2 folder (if there is, delete it) and also do a regedit check for GameMakerStudio2 and delete any entries you find for that.... then reboot and try and install again.

G

George2240

Okay make sure that there is no %programdata%/GameMakerStudio2 folder (if there is, delete it) and also do a regedit check for GameMakerStudio2 and delete any entries you find for that.... then reboot and try and install again.
Hi thanks for the help but this didn't work and it still comes up with the same thing telling me that its already installed