• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Another space invaders

Sabnock

Earth Invaders is the first game in a trilogy of tributes to 80's arcade classics. the others being PAC MAN and Asteroids (i can hear the groans already) :D

A remake of a true classic and was my first game coded in GML. I previously posted this on the old forums but I was tidying up some code today and thought why not post it on the new forum :D

Controls are simple: curser keys left and right to control and space to fire cannon. Shoot flying saucer for mystery points. Hide behind barriers for protection

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/29fi2ktmp786s9f/Earth_Invadersv07-Default-1.0.0.1.exe

Let me know what you think. PAC MAN up soon.

EarthI.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

chinykian

I have! It's delightfully retro!
Also like how enemies sped up after I've finished clearing half of them. Was it that way for the original space invaders? (never played it)
Finally, I thought the final "game over" text seemed rather blurred.

Anyway, thanks for sharing! =D

Sabnock

I have! It's delightfully retro!
Also like how enemies sped up after I've finished clearing half of them. Was it that way for the original space invaders? (never played it)
Finally, I thought the final "game over" text seemed rather blurred.

Anyway, thanks for sharing! =D
Thank you for playing :D

Yes the invaders sped up in the original

I am doing a trilogy of the holy trinity of 80's games Space invaders, Pac Man and Asteroids.

It's nice to get some feed back.

R

Ratatosque

Looks funny!
I think for learning how to code, remaking classics is an awesome oportunity.
I dont know if would play this though, not without a slight twist in the gameplay ;)