• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Another Platformer Attempt

SaraTonen

So I've always had a specific game I've wanted to make, thus getting into Game Maker. I've been messing around with it on and off for the past three/four years and only in the past year have I noticed a shift and being able to work out what I'm trying to code and assemble something. I always got stuck somewhere along the way and didn't know how to continue.

Well, after spending about 25 days (real time) building up a project, I hit a wall, again. So I took a couple weeks off. Came back and started a fresh project, taking what I've learned and applying it to make the game I want to. This is obviously still a rough prototype but I'm quite happy with the current results and am excited to see what I can do with this combat system.