Portfolio - General Animator, musician, and artist all-in-one! Anime, alternative, and intensely aspiring.

O

OneDayDreamer

Hello, everyone. I am an aspiring animator, artist, musician, and voice actor with a passion for storytelling, art, visual and audio engagement, and much more. Recently I have been driven to create what I believe are some truly powerful creative compositions. But alas, I struggle to network, and to find a source of income related to my field of interest and talent. I would like to share with you some of my works, as I am eager to be a part of different creative projects, both in the visual and sonic spectrums. I am anxious to work with ambitious teams or even individuals on expressive, emotional, entertaining, challenging, and aesthetically-pleasing projects.

Please consider me for your team and / or project. This may seem prideful, but I am extremely pleased of the potential of my work... I have come a long way in the past year, and I am constantly learning and mastering new methods, software, and techniques. I am not perfect, and I know of many ways that I can improve, but I have no doubt that I will continue to do so as I work on various creative tasks.

I hope that you enjoy the wide variety of things that you see and hear from me, and I hope to find some great work to not only make income, and maybe even a name for myself, but also to make lasting partners and even friendships. I am ready to be a part of this brave new world of digital creativity!

MUSICAL COMPOSITIONS

- An alternative rock piece with an orchestral flair: http://soundcloud.com/brian-hughes-485967616/one-is-not-enough
- A mysterious, tranquil song with an ambient wistfulness: http://soundcloud.com/brian-hughes-485967616/the-host-animated-series-heartfelt
- A horror piece with powerful strings, ambient drones, and jarring stings: http://soundcloud.com/brian-hughes-485967616/the-hunt
- A reimagining of the classic heavy metal genre with a symphonic and modern spin: http://soundcloud.com/brian-hughes-485967616/the-host-animated-series-the-plight-of-man
- And finally, a repetitive yet hauntingly beautiful experimental piece that combines new-age soundbedding, electric guitars, futuristic drums, a wobbling synth, and gorgeous strings: http://soundcloud.com/brian-hughes-485967616/far-from-over

ANIMATION TALENT

- A demo reel comprised of alpha scenes of the complex and tasking animated series that I am working on

CONCEPT ART

Character lineup for my animated series:

Splash image / concept art for the main character of my animated series:

Concept art for a currently undisclosed project:

Example of the quality of my lineart:

And finally an image demonstrating my coloring, linework, and special effects:

I am very flexible on pricing. I don't usually charge by the hour, but by complexity of the piece and the tools and actions required to create said pieces.

TL;DR version - I am a musician, animator, and artist looking to network, help, earn money, and explore other people's projects, be it through in-game art, animated scenes, soundtracks, or everything in-between. Want to hire me? Reply to this thread or message me and we can talk about potential projects through Skype, email, or what-have-you. I don't charge a fortune, I play well with others, and I want to create!

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Falconsoft-Industries

How much do you charge per hour?
I need 16 alien dragon images anime style 120 x 120
For a RPG I am working on.

O

OneDayDreamer

How much do you charge per hour?
I need 16 alien dragon images anime style 120 x 120
For a RPG I am working on.
Alien dragon! THAT I can do! I whipped you up a freebie example just to pique your interest (I accidentally resized the sprite in this version to 128 x 128, instead of your desired 120 x 120, but that can easily be fixed in the future).

As far as pricing goes, I think this particular project I would charge not by the hour, but by each sprite. For this one... Hmm... that's hard to say. Took me about two hours of work, but I definitely could have spent a little more time with that. I'd say about 15 to 20 USD, (obviously for future similar designs... this big guy is free). I'm pretty flexible, and it IS just a static image. Hope you like the wyvern style! I didn't know if you wanted just a portrait or the full enemy, but because of the game you are designing, I thought it fitting to give you a full-body example of what I can do.

I will send you a private message this evening when I get the time!

(I guess I can do spritework after all!)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

ShiEksdee

Hi fellow anime-style inspired artist. You have awesome work and I think it's amazing how we both seem to struggle in the same areas of body anatomy (Legs and feet). ^ u^ I just wanted to drop and say hi and encourage your growth as an artist and musician and stuff.

Also congrats on learning 2d animation. I've always wanted to. (I've done some, but gosh is it ever tedious. Fun though!)

O

OneDayDreamer

Hi fellow anime-style inspired artist. You have awesome work and I think it's amazing how we both seem to struggle in the same areas of body anatomy (Legs and feet). ^ u^ I just wanted to drop and say hi and encourage your growth as an artist and musician and stuff.

Also congrats on learning 2d animation. I've always wanted to. (I've done some, but gosh is it ever tedious. Fun though!)
Thank you so much for the kind words... it is so hard to get exposure, and the work I put into my art, with the excessive amount of detail, is exhausting, especially as I struggle to find paying work. And you're absolutely right... I need to work on the legs and feet! I think of some of my newer compositions have improved that area, but I definitely struggled in some of the above images, especially around the knee area!

S

ShiEksdee

Thank you so much for the kind words... it is so hard to get exposure, and the work I put into my art, with the excessive amount of detail, is exhausting, especially as I struggle to find paying work. And you're absolutely right... I need to work on the legs and feet! I think of some of my newer compositions have improved that area, but I definitely struggled in some of the above images, especially around the knee area!
I noticed because I draw my legs and feet almost the same way. Unless I use a reference which I rarely do ever. It's like on my art it looks so nice and professional from head to waist (well I kind of have a problem drawing hair, but my faces always look good) and then all of a sudden "lul what is anatomy?". At least we don't seem to have a problem drawing hands, right? XD That tends to be what most artists fault over.

And if you keep getting animation experience you'll probably be able to find easy work doing that. If cutscenes would be in your port folio for things you can do. I especially know a lot of people over at the RPG Maker communities that want cutscenes for their games. It's something to consider even if its a long, tedious art. It's fun.

O

OneDayDreamer

I noticed because I draw my legs and feet almost the same way. Unless I use a reference which I rarely do ever. It's like on my art it looks so nice and professional from head to waist (well I kind of have a problem drawing hair, but my faces always look good) and then all of a sudden "lul what is anatomy?". At least we don't seem to have a problem drawing hands, right? XD That tends to be what most artists fault over.

And if you keep getting animation experience you'll probably be able to find easy work doing that. If cutscenes would be in your port folio for things you can do. I especially know a lot of people over at the RPG Maker communities that want cutscenes for their games. It's something to consider even if its a long, tedious art. It's fun.
I never would have thought of RPG Maker communities wanting 2d animators... I learn something new every day! I will send you a message, as you have piqued my interest!