• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Animation Curves tutorial (includes 2.3.2 demos + a playlist of animation curve examples)

arendpeter

GM Version: GMS 2.3.2
Target Platform: Windows mainly (but this should work on any platform)
Download: https://github.com/ArendPeter/CastleGame (The description of each video will have the relevant commit for linking to code)
Links: n/a

Summary:
Hi all! Animation Curves was one of my favorite 2.3 features, so I made an intro tutorial, along w/ a series of tutorials trying to use them in as many ways as possible. (you can watch them in any order)

While making the series, I also realized that game maker 2.3.2 will have another pretty big animation curves update, so I used game maker beta for some sections of the tutorial to make sure those features were included as well

Skip to 8:29 to see an overview of all the 2.3.2 features

Tutorial:
Intro to Animation Curves

Here are the other examples so far (NOTE: unfortunately these aren't compliant w/ forum standards since I was missing semi colons, so be sure to add them as you're following the tutorials)

Elastic Lever Animation
Sliding Camera Transition
Damage Flash (and color animation in general)
Screen Shake

Playlist w/ full series

Last edited: