Animating frames are overlapping

Hey, I'm pretty new to GameMaker and I'm having a bit of a problem. I'm making a SHMUP set in the ocean and I want to create a wave that trails behind the player when they move to the bottom of the screen. I was able to do this with an animated sprite, but each sprite frame stays on the screen rather than being deleted for the next frame.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

I used a test variable in the player object's step event where if their y position is greater than or equal to 1000, the wave object will be created at an x position of 1175.

Am I on the right path, or is there something else I'm missing?

You can tell me the solution using either GML orDnD.

Attachments

TheouAegis

you are probably creating multiple wave objects over and over and over and over and over again. We can't really tell them unless you post your code. But since you're creating an object and you are having issues like that, that suggests that you have too many objects being created.

I think I fixed the issue. What I originally did was use the create instance action, but I now used the change sprite action on an object with no attached sprite. It was acting weird at first, with the sprite having an extra copy on screen, with said copy stretching depending on where it was placed in the room. I was able to find a solution by placing the object outside of the game room.