Suggestion Animated Profile Avatar

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
Good day!

Wondering if it's within the capabilities and interests of the staff over there to add an animated avatar feature to the forum.
If possible, I will personally ask someone to make a few animated avatars where our characters remove some sort of hat from their heads to thank thee.

Also created a poll as well to see what others think !

If it's not going to happen, what sort of changes could happen if there's any news on any possible future forum happenings ?

Yabba dabba doo ~ Scooby doo many years ago

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hello! Okay, first, please don't make polls (which I have removed) without first getting moderator permission, as explained in the forum rules:

Please do not:
  • Create polls without first discussing the content with a member of staff. Polls that have not been sanctioned by a staff member will be removed/closed.
As for the animated avatars, I'd quite like animated avatars to be a thing that works throughout the forum, but unfortunately the forum software doesn't really permit it. I mean, at the moment you can actually use animated avatars and when someone views your profile page it will be seen, but it will ONLY animate on your profile page and not elsewhere. This was obviously a design choice by the Xenforo team, and as such isn't something we can change, sadly. :(

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
It's not "open source", but it can be edited. However this could potentially leave the forum vulnerable to exploits and so we try to avoid editing the templates whenever possible to keep things as secure as possible, especially since Xenforo update it fairly regularly.

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
To me an animated Avatar would showcase artistic skills, which seems relevant to game design. It would also showcase a proud member.
Animated signatures are interesting too, for various reasons and when one forum page requires less brain power than reading the page from a steven king book I reckon the animations outweigh the loss to some unfocused individuals.

But then again I can't think of any forum or social media network that has animated Avatars.. so there must be a reason that has thought behind it! wonder what it is xD