Android Animal Run - Endless runner 2D

D

Dwojityv

ANIMAL RUN - ENDLESS RUNNER 2D

Hey guys, I am so happy to announce my first ever released game! It's game for android, made in GM:S.
I've been working on this for the past two years in my free time and I loved every minute of it. I learned so much.
Thanks YoYoGames for making this possible.

Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.companyname.animal_run

Are games too easy for you?

Do you feel like all games are way too easy? Do you like challenges and are short on time? Don't get fooled by this game cute graphics. It's hardcore!

What's this game about?

Idea behind this game is simple. You try to run as far as you can. Game is randomly generated, so every run is different. Further you run, the harder it gets and more coins you get. You spend coins for new skins. So instead of bear, you can play as characters like fox or even elephant.

You start in grassy environment. After you run for a while, you can reach caves or snowy areas. And that's when it gets harder! After certain time, the game even speeds up and the real challenge awaits!
If you are proud of your run, you can share your score on online leaderboards.

Animal Run is free to play and you can get it on Google Play!

Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.companyname.animal_run

Itch.io
https://vrerabek.itch.io/animal-run

---------------------------------------------------------
GIF: http://i.imgur.com/XNnq5RN.mp4

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JVGameDev

Man, if this makes it to IOS, gimme a shout, ill download it in a heartbeat. In the meantime, do everyone a favor and advertise it! This game looks great!

D

Dwojityv

Man, if this makes it to IOS, gimme a shout, ill download it in a heartbeat. In the meantime, do everyone a favor and advertise it! This game looks great!
Hey, I sure will! About the advertising, I have not very big idea where to start, haha. I will try tho!

Thanks for your reply!

D

Dwojityv

Just released patch #3

-User interface tweaks
-Some camera issues fixed
-New jumps to encounter

F

fxokz

just played it on my phone, cool game i just really really dislike the heart sprites :S

Roderick

just played it on my phone, cool game i just really really dislike the heart sprites :S
I didn't really notice them at first, but I agree; the hearts being made of pixels so much larger than the rest looks off. Maybe smooth them out a bit?

Also, you need an "Exit Game" button. Either something in the game window, or the menu button popping up a menu with a quit option, or the Back button triggering a "Are you sure you want to quit?" popup. The Home button should never be the only way to close the game.

Last edited:
D

Dwojityv

I didn't really notice them at first, but I agree; the hearts being made of pixels so much larger than the rest looks off. Maybe smooth them out a bit?

Also, you need an "Exit Game" button. Either something in the game window, or the menu button popping up a menu with a quit option, or the Back button triggering a "Are you sure you want to quit?" popup. The Home button should never be the only way to close the game.
Thank you for playing Animal Run!

You guys are totally right about the hearts. Now it seems weird to me too after paying more attention to it. :D Will definitely do something about that.

About the Exit game, that totally missed me, thanks for suggestion!

J

JRLS

nice game!
but it lags on my samsung galaxy note 10.1 tablet!?
sometimes it freezes for a bit, and that makes me fall in a hole....
also, the hearts seems out of place, i would change those sprites to better ones:)

Also, it asks for access to photos, media files, etc. Why is that?
If it also shows ads in combination with access to photos, media files, it makes me think that google is doing something with it....

it seems the only objects i see are spikes, holes and coins. Does that change when i get farther in the game?
Maybe, you should add an option where the user can turn of google play and gameID, etc. Some people just want to play without that google play stuff.

other then that, looks great!

D

Dwojityv

nice game!
but it lags on my samsung galaxy note 10.1 tablet!?
sometimes it freezes for a bit, and that makes me fall in a hole....
also, the hearts seems out of place, i would change those sprites to better ones:)

Also, it asks for access to photos, media files, etc. Why is that?
If it also shows ads in combination with access to photos, media files, it makes me think that google is doing something with it....

it seems the only objects i see are spikes, holes and coins. Does that change when i get farther in the game?
Maybe, you should add an option where the user can turn of google play and gameID, etc. Some people just want to play without that google play stuff.

other then that, looks great!

Hey!
Access to photos, mediea files etc. is solely for saving etc.. There is nothing you should worry about.

Option for user to turn on or off Google Play services is coming in an update today or tomorrow. I think that the freezes you are mentioning are caused by the Google Play services and I am working on it.
Later in the game, there are doublejumps and game gets pretty harder.

Thanks for playing Animal Run! :)

K

kinsx55

Make the animals smaller.They look very slow because of their size now.And add more gravity to jump