Alpha Ani (alpha demo)

phillipPbor

(attention please)
this is the WIP forums, I would like some beta testers in they can play this short demo for solving bugs and see if the game needs. I should do so little. it took 5 or 12 days in making this alpha demo.
please be perspective and nice. also contains spoilers.

((THIS GAME IS FOR BETA TESTERS ONLY))

the link is right here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-q1gJq4gp8Rd1dHQTJCTWViWWs

controls:
arrowkeys = move
uparrow = jump
downarrow = open door
shift = swap dimensions

GP1.png GP3.png pictrue.png

that's all
-PHINTO64

(REPLACED DOWNLOAD PLACE TO DRIVE.GOOGLE)
(updated the game)

Last edited:
F

F_Clowder

That link doesn't seem to work correctly. I get a screen saying the wait time until I can DL the file is 60 seconds. It's been over 2 minutes already. I think it's borked.
Is there a chance you could just dump it into a google drive share, one drive or something similar that's actually free and nearly instant, please?

I'm intrigued by the minimalist art, reminds me of the good old Speccy.

phillipPbor

That link doesn't seem to work correctly. I get a screen saying the wait time until I can DL the file is 60 seconds. It's been over 2 minutes already. I think it's borked.
Is there a chance you could just dump it into a google drive share, one drive or something similar that's actually free and nearly instant, please?

I'm intrigued by the minimalist art, reminds me of the good old Speccy.
I fixed it

DukeSoft

Works fine :) Next time don't bundle it with an installer please ^^

I was running this on Wine, not sure if it was supposed to look like it did, but i had a very small window in the center of my screen. I couldn't quit the game (i got stuck in the last level (?) ) there were spikes on the left and not much ways to go.

So far, funny game :)

You do know you can get stuck in floors when swapping "dimensions" right? Maybe you can try to edit this?

phillipPbor

Works fine :) Next time don't bundle it with an installer please ^^

I was running this on Wine, not sure if it was supposed to look like it did, but i had a very small window in the center of my screen. I couldn't quit the game (i got stuck in the last level (?) ) there were spikes on the left and not much ways to go.

So far, funny game :)

You do know you can get stuck in floors when swapping "dimensions" right? Maybe you can try to edit this?
i know, I was trying my best. i cant just make player disappear if i did then he would be dead standing in it.
all years trying my best to make the player react when stuck on platform. and its very very hard to figure out.
btw i made this 3d pic.3dpowers.png

DukeSoft

Aaah cool :)

Maybe you can check whats quickest? moving them left/ right / up / down until they are completely free. Allthough you'll need to look out for exploits that way ;p

M

Maximus

Fun puzzle game, cool concept and I really like the art style.

I'd suggest making it so being stuck in a wall triggers the colour shift (so you still get to see it for 1 frame)

eg.
Code:
keyboard_check_pressed(vk_shift) || place_meeting(x,y, obj_wall)
The pushable block feels a little 'light.' If the player moves slower when pushing the block it will make it feel like there is some weight to it.

How do I climb the ladder? can I? Is it mocking me?

phillipPbor

Fun puzzle game, cool concept and I really like the art style.

I'd suggest making it so being stuck in a wall triggers the colour shift (so you still get to see it for 1 frame)

eg.
Code:
keyboard_check_pressed(vk_shift) || place_meeting(x,y, obj_wall)
The pushable block feels a little 'light.' If the player moves slower when pushing the block it will make it feel like there is some weight to it.

How do I climb the ladder? can I? Is it mocking me?
"The pushable block feels a little 'light.' If the player moves slower when pushing the block it will make it feel like there is some weight to it."
i really do need help with it, it suppost to be light. (its because of this code)

Code:
with (instance_place(x + hsp, y, obj_box))
{
   x += other.hsp; // "other" in this content would refer to the player (where the with statement is)
}
"How do I climb the ladder? can I? Is it mocking me?"
i haven't even started working on it... thank you...
(tries not to laugh)

and a first thing you said was the blocks trapped you. I think I under stand. I do have same problem to... I think I can make the code if the player in the obj_platform red or cyan. then the glitch effect appear (from shd_stereo3d purple and green) will act out instead of swap. or if the player in block or fall on spikes then the player dies.

I also need of music for this game, something with a combination of chiptune and soft synth. something that came from lmms. I think...

Last edited by a moderator:

phillipPbor

I have finished the alpha demo.

except we need your support. we have done the ladder part, but need a 90/180/270 degree jump/fall through block for important futures, also need. a few things that are available.
the laser hazards can be blocked by blocks
moving plates that go other direction if color swaped
enemies that deactivate if on current color
spikes (oh god) there surprisingly difficult.
I even made a start of a new boss
topbot_boss_1.png
the top tin boss
(RIMSHOT-A)
also the red white and cyan blocks are importent
they vanish when color swap
the mine blocks are tricky
trick doors that don't open
scratch that
and the bomb block is only white and explodes against white bricks.
we will work on the push machanics
the player didn't push the box when its this close.
only because it reacts when the vsp is detected.
anyway I hope you like my new update