Angel desings?

W

Widget

The Shin Megami Tensei series has some pretty cool angel designs, my personal favourite is Seraph:

Megax60

The Shin Megami Tensei series has some pretty cool angel designs, my personal favourite is Seraph:
But, all of those angels in smt were not inspired right?, but demons were inspired

for example this guy
was inspired in this other guy

and seraph was not inspired in nothing

G

Guest User

and seraph was not inspired in nothing
no, that design is pretty much just a straight up seraph. they are 6-winged, 4-headed (sometimes they just have 1) angels that have their place beside God himself singing praises to his power and holiness.

aside from the Thrones, which are basically just "wheels within wheels" with hundreds of eyes and wings they're probably the biggest candidate of "non-humanoid" angels you are looking for. though how human they appear varies depending on who is depicting them, obviously.

Megax60

no, that design is pretty much just a straight up seraph. they are 6-winged, 4-headed (sometimes they just have 1) angels that have their place beside God himself singing praises to his power and holiness.

aside from the Thrones, which are basically just "wheels within wheels" with hundreds of eyes and wings they're probably the biggest candidate of "non-humanoid" angels you are looking for. though how human they appear varies depending on who is depicting them, obviously.
well, i'll take the wheels guy and the Seraphim:

i'll take many demon designs as possible and will design my own ugly angels (not all of them will be ugly, but dont expect waifu angels, well, maybe...)

G

Guest User

@Megax60 my bad, i forgot, there's also cherubs:
the cherub is depicted as having a number of wing pairs, and four faces: that of a lion(representative of all wild animals), an ox (domestic animals), a human (humanity), and an eagle (birds).[5] Their legs were straight, the soles of their feet like the hooves of a bull, gleaming like polished brass. - Wikipedia "Cherubim"
but i know they're sometimes depicted as just a bunch of heads which is a lot less humanoid:

btw: not to be confused with the angels called "puto", which are little winged boys. for reasons i dont know personally, puto are called cherubs in modern times so if you search cherubs you're probably going to get puto instead. but these guys are a real thing regardless.

Megax60

@Megax60 my bad, i forgot, there's also cherubs:

but i know they're sometimes depicted as just a bunch of heads which is a lot less humanoid:

btw: not to be confused with the angels called "puto", which are little winged boys. for reasons i dont know personally, puto are called cherubs in modern times so if you search cherubs you're probably going to get puto instead. but these guys are a real thing regardless.
is that a bayonetta boss? i'll take the cherub and redesing it. I will remove the legs and make it look different to this guy. (also "puto" in my language is a very vulgar word)

G

Guest User

is that a bayonetta boss? i'll take the cherub and redesing it. I will remove the legs and make it look different to this guy. (also "puto" in my language is a very vulgar word)
no idea, that's just the first best example i could find without the legs.
and i guess its spelled "putto" (or "putti", for plural), two T's. my bad. :p the pronunciation is still kinda the same though, so...yea. :confused:

G

Guest User

the guy that has like 8 wings, whats his name? it looks so cool,
ye a it's a cherub, hard to see but it has the 4 heads they are described to have (human, lion, ox, eagle).

it doesn't actually say how many legs it has, just that it does, so i guess some people give them 2, some people give them 4, maybe there are versions with 6 or 8 or 12 too. how many wings they have are not stated either.

e.g. this one has 6 wings, 2 legs, and 6 "arms" (two pairs of animal legs, one pair of human arms)

it's just w/e you feel looks "right", pretty much.