• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android x64

B

BillChete

I have got a few messages that my games must be updated to include a 64 bit version on the Play Store by August 1st.

I am using 1.4.9999 how would I go about making a 64bit version? I have done countless searching and see this nowhere mentioned anywhere.

All help greatly appreciated, thanks!

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
1.4.9999 is past sunset and will not be updated to support 64-bit. You need to get GMS 2, import your project there and manually fix anything that didn't convert properly.

B

BillChete

Hi FrostyCat, does GMS 2 create both the 32bit and 64bit versions?

B

BillChete

What do you mean Lukan it wont matter?

Getting emails that my apps need to have a 64bit version by August 1st.

Is there a special process I must do in GMS 2 to compile both 32bit and 64bit in an APK?

And is it not possible to do it with 1.4?

Really confusing.

Thanks all for any help this is driving me batty.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Lukan has already said that GMS 2 exports both 32-bit and 64-bit. The reason he also said "it won't matter for much longer" is because 64-bit Android devices are catching on fast, and the importance of the distinction will eventually diminish as more and more older 32-bit Android devices retire. It's like how the difference between 16-bit and 32-bit Windows executables don't matter today because the 16-bit devices are no longer in mainstream use.

And once again, there is no way to do it with GMS 1.4. It is past sunset and the 64-bit requirement came after the sunset, so it didn't and won't ever receive the update needed to support exporting 64-bit binaries.

A

aGameDev

@BillChete As I understand it, after August you won't be able to publish new apps to Google unless you include 64 bit support, but your old apps should remain in the Play Store, I think (unless at some point in the future Google decides to totally remove 32 bit apps, which seems unlikely any time soon, because I'm sure there are many millions of people out there still using 32 bit devices, plus 64 bit devices should be backward-compatible).

Of course, as more years pass, 32-bit stuff will become more and more obsolete...
So if you have GMS2, then yeah, it would be a good idea to update all your apps -- but I can't help with that. I assume it supports 64-bit automatically.

B

BillChete

Thank you so much for all the clarification guys you've been a big help.