• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Android SDK for GM:S2?

So in the YoYo helpguide (https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001368727-Setting-Up-For-Android) they say we should use Android Studio.

Currently, for GM:S1, I am using the Android SDK command line tools, which has worked fine. If I download Android Studio, will this cause problems? I seem to recall downloading Android Studio in the past, and got a bunch of issues back then. I understand the command line tools are no longer supported, according to the guide, which means Android Studio is the way to go. Just wanted to know if it'll cause problems if command line already installed. Should I uninstall this before installing Android Studio?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
It won't cause issues, you just need to point the SDK and NDK paths at the ones provided by the command line tools.

It won't cause issues, you just need to point the SDK and NDK paths at the ones provided by the command line tools.
It says in the guide: "Here we outline both methods and you should only pick one for your Windows machine - don't install the tools twice."

I already have the command line tools installed. If I read the guide right, it says I can stick with this and just update the API:s, etc.

curato

make sure the paths are short. I have been nabbed on that one before. Just make a sdk and ndk folder on the root of the drive.