Android SDK Folder Size

RizbIT

I have just tried to find the download link for Android SDK Manager (the exe that checks and lets you download the required tools and libs to compile Android apps)

I couldnt find it anywhere, I can just find links for Android Studio and some command line only tools that dont have the SDK Manager exe.

So I thought Il just copy the Android SDK and NDK folders from old PC to new one.

But I just the total file size and its over over 40GB, wow, really. Is there something wrong here? Thats not going to only take hours to transfer but going to take a huge chunk of available storage space on new pc.

The majority of this size (about 31GB) is made up of files in the android-sdk\system-images folder

Any advice?

rIKmAN

I have just tried to find the download link for Android SDK Manager (the exe that checks and lets you download the required tools and libs to compile Android apps)

I couldnt find it anywhere, I can just find links for Android Studio and some command line only tools that dont have the SDK Manager exe.

So I thought Il just copy the Android SDK and NDK folders from old PC to new one.

But I just the total file size and its over over 40GB, wow, really. Is there something wrong here? Thats not going to only take hours to transfer but going to take a huge chunk of available storage space on new pc.

The majority of this size (about 31GB) is made up of files in the android-sdk\system-images folder

Any advice?
You don't need the system images unless you are using the emulator to test with, you can load the SDK Manager and delete them.

The SDK Manager isn't an exe, you open it by running "android.bat" in the tools folder.

The system images can get auto selected for installation when updating, so pay more attention when updating and unselect them before hitting install.