• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Android NDK: android-14 is unsupported. Using minimum supported version android-16.

D

Daniel Westberg

Hello! I'm new here. I'm trying to find a solution for a problem that has been making me scratch my head for several days...

Android NDK: android-14 is unsupported. Using minimum supported version android-16.
Android NDK: WARNING: APP_PLATFORM android-16 is higher than android:minSdkVersion 14 in ./AndroidManifest.xml. NDK binaries will not be compatible with devices older than android-16. See com/platform/ndk/+/master/docs/user/common_problems.md for more information.

I started using GM a couple of months ago and have finished making my first App. I'm now trying to make it run on my Galaxy S8 to test it, but I get this message.

I've been following these examples; com/hc/en-us/articles/115001368727-Setting-Up-For-Android

Don't know if I have missed something, or input anything wrong. But I get a "Successful" message when I "Try connection" with my phone.

Attachments

D

Daniel Westberg

Your min SDK is set to 14, try changing it to 16? (2.png)
I've tried setting it at 16, 20, 29. I can't figure out any way to make it work... It says NDK (Obsolete) in Android Studio... I'm thinking that could be the problem, since the guide didn't show (Obsolete) after NDK.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Daniel Westberg

This also comes up below that error text:
make: *** No rule to make target `jni/libyoyo/../../game_.vars.cpp', needed by `obj/local/arm64-v8a/objs/yoyo//game_.vars.o'. Stop.

chirpy

Code:
Android NDK: android-14 is unsupported. Using minimum supported version android-16.
I also see this warning in my compiler logs, even though I set my min sdk to 16. It happens to my empty projects as well, so I don't know what went wrong.
However, the .aab I uploaded to Google Play Console says it has min sdk 16, so I'm assuming it's okay. (GMS 2.2.4)

Before giving up on removing this warning, I had completely removed my android studio 3.5 and am now on 3.5.2.
As a result, I don't have NDK (Obsolete) in my android studio anymore, only side-by-side shows up so I'm using side-by-side (20.0.5590570) now.
My path to side-by-side is similar to yours $ANDROID_SDK_HOME/sdk/ndk/$VERSION , so it would seem to me that you're also using side-by-side, not the NDK(Obsolete).
ref:
NDK Install Location
https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001368727-Setting-Up-For-Android

Edit:
I tried with new 20.1.5948944 just now; the warning is still there.
I also deleted AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\%my_gms_license_username_folder% , no luck.

Last edited:

chirpy

D

Daniel Westberg

What version of GMS2 are you using?
I updated to the lastest version just days ago. I had a popup when I started the program.

I will try and have my brother take a look at this thread ASAP. I'm very new to GMS2 myself, but my brother have gone through this thing before. Something in this thread may help him figure out how he solved this issue before. He's just very busy at the moment. Hopefully within a few days. Keep posting if you have more thoughts or ideas and I will let you know as soon as we find any answers regarding this issue. I'm very thankful for your responses.