• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android low fps at low battery

Hello. I know it's a very strange problem of mine. But I really need your help.
My game is to be published for Android and when I test an export on my own device it runs smoothly at 60 fps. However as soon as battery level falls to 20 suddenly fps falls as well. That is, fps becomes 30 as a result of low battery !
No other game on my phone suffers this problem. Very big and complicated games run quite well even in 1 percent of battery. But my game does suffer.
Please anyone could help?

The-any-Key

Do you use delta_time when calc time on movement, scrolling, everything? When you do the game become frame independent. So you can switch running 60 or 30. It will go the same speed. The screen update will be less thou.

Do you use delta_time when calc time on movement, scrolling, everything? When you do the game become frame independent. So you can switch running 60 or 30. It will go the same speed. The screen update will be less thou.
Oh no. I think its too late for me to use delta time. Because I already have done the basic mechanics of game play and you know its difficult to go through all the codes and find the positions where a delta time calc had been needed.
what must I do? is it easy to implement delta time into it?

Smiechu

There is no other way...
Yes it's quite easy...
There is a free extension on marketplace called Delta Timer. So you have everything ready.

There is no other way...
Yes it's quite easy...
There is a free extension on marketplace called Delta Timer. So you have everything ready.
Thanks smiechu,
From what I have learnt so far is it correct that I have to find any motion in my codes and do the delta timing there? If it is so, would be very frustrating for me.:(:(:(:(:(

Smiechu

Yeah, sorry... that's why such things should be foreseen on very early stage of game development.
I was also reworking my project to fit the dt... it took me one evening.

If you already succeeded and finished a game, it shouldn't be a problem.

I downloaded "steady Delta time" from marketplace and implemented it on the hero object.
Very surprising result each time!
Once it works and I see that with low battery Delta time is compensating the slowdown and smoothes the gameplay.
But in another test I see that again game play running speed sinks down.
Still some other test shows me a faster than usual speed.
I am totally confused.

No other way to solve the god damned issue of low battery?:confused:

Smiechu

1. Have you set the room speed to 60fps? Very often dt systems unlock the fps (set game speed to 999999fps) as default. This is not the best solution for mobile devices.
2. You need to implement the dt to the whole gameplay to have the proper effect. The alarms, and counters if you have any have to be also upgraded to dt.
3. There are situations where dt is not working, becouse of false coding. (mostly cooldown times).
4. Acceleration must be also dt conform...
5. I don't know how "steady delta time" works, I can only confirm that Delta Timer works correctly.

7. Another solution? None. You can only try to optimize your game, if the slowdown is caused by lower cpu power, not i.e. by changing the display refresh rate...

Thank you very much.
I'm working on it as hard as I can.
Hope find out the right procedure for my project to do the timings.