Free [Android & iOS] Robo Racer - Challenging Runner

Bulletech

Feature Graphicv2.png

Robo Racer has just gone live for both Android and iOS and any feedback from the community would be great!

[Description]
As the Racer, you must jump, slide and shoot your way through the nine different robot facilities. With hazards to avoid throughout the courses making it increasingly difficult for you to survive and Robos at every turn you must use all your skill to escape!
An Endless mode will put your reaction time to the ultimate test, with increasing speed and hazards to jump and slide past, the true test to see who of your friends, family and the world can make it to the top of the leaderboards!

flyinian

I suggest changing your advertisement system. Getting an advertisement after every few deaths is fairly annoying. Once that has been changed i'll be more than happy to give it another try and give more feedback.

Bulletech

Thanks @flyinian for the feedback,
Current system is 25% chance to show an ad on death, with a 1-death-minimum ad break before an ad can be shown again.
Maybe i'll increase it to a two-death-minimum and/or 20% chance to show?

flyinian

Thanks @flyinian for the feedback,
Current system is 25% chance to show an ad on death, with a 1-death-minimum ad break before an ad can be shown again.
Maybe i'll increase it to a two-death-minimum and/or 20% chance to show?
I played for about 10 seconds, died, got an advertisement and deleted the game. That could be how it goes for most people.

1. Perhaps a timer? Show an ad every X amount of time and randomize it?

2. Advertisement every other level.

3. Once per level.

4. 1 advertisement every 3 deaths, be nice do it every 5?

I just don't suggest showing advertisements on deaths for a game that you die more than you do wining. That's just my 2 cents. I hope it helps.

Bulletech

I played for about 10 seconds, died, got an advertisement and deleted the game. That could be how it goes for most people.

1. Perhaps a timer? Show an ad every X amount of time and randomize it?

2. Advertisement every other level.

3. Once per level.

4. 1 advertisement every 3 deaths, be nice do it every 5?

I just don't suggest showing advertisements on deaths for a game that you die more than you do wining. That's just my 2 cents. I hope it helps.
Fair enough haha thanks,
Thinking will use death counter as a kind of timer, when the game is started will have a ~4 death ad break, will keep the 25% chance to show ads, and after ad shown set ad break back to 2-4 deaths :)

flyinian

Fair enough haha thanks,
Thinking will use death counter as a kind of timer, when the game is started will have a ~4 death ad break, will keep the 25% chance to show ads, and after ad shown set ad break back to 2-4 deaths :)

so, if the player dies at least 4 times the ad timer starts which is a 25% chance to play on a death after the first 4? Once an ad has played, it'll reset the death count timer?

Bulletech

so, if the player dies at least 4 times the ad timer starts which is a 25% chance to play on a death after the first 4? Once an ad has played, it'll reset the death count timer?
yup, update is now live for both platforms. So you're still gonna see ads but its a lot more user-friendly. thanks again for the feedback

flyinian

@BulleTech Studios

Much better. Much more enjoyable.
I suggest:
1. adding the ability to swap the slide and jump buttons with each other

2. Giving 2-3 lives on the levels. I like the 2 lives on endless.

3. Shrink the hitbox width for the red spikes my a smidge.

Oh, I'm also #1!
Screenshot_20200703-103314.png

I also left a review

Last edited:

Toque

Run animation seems slow for rate of speed. Have to play it more. I haven't finished first level or checkpoint yet. ..... I hope there are some..haha

Bulletech

Sorry only just saw these replies @flyinian and @Toque
Thanks for the feedback and review, appreciate it!
1. Very doable just gotta decide where to put that option
2. Not sure about adding lives to the Levels as I want to retain the current challenge and sense of accomplishment when you beat a level + worried if lives are added you'll be able to finish all the levels too quickly haha
3. Spikes collision mask is the triangle itself, could shrink the base a bit, but it think it might be the player's collision mask yet if i reduce that it'll be harder to land on platforms.

There's checkpoints in practice mode :)