Free [Android/iOS] Axolotl Game (5.25.20 Leaderboards live on iOS!)

darkly

Overview:

Axolotl Game is a casual throwback to retro arcade classics, perfect to pick up and play in short bursts with unlockables and hidden collectables to work towards over time. The premise is simple, guide your axolotl to collect coins and power ups while avoiding fish and other obstacles. This was a first time game dev project for me after downloading GMS2 around New Years, and I'm happy with how it came out after roughly 3 months of work. My goal from the outset, in addition to making a mobile game with artistic integrity free of monetization, was to use this project as a learning experience so that I would feel comfortable tackling a bigger project... and I feel I've accomplished that. By the end of development, I was able to look back at code I'd written near the beginning of the project and laugh, which was a rewarding experience in and of itself! No ads or any monetization, so please just play and enjoy.

Download Links:

iOS: Get on Apple App Store
Android:
Get on Google Play Store
Get on Itch.io

Additional information can be found at https://twitter.com/AxolotlSoft

Screenshots:

Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone 8 Plus - 2020-04-11 at 12.23.13.png Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone 8 Plus - 2020-04-11 at 12.31.16.png Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone 8 Plus - 2020-04-11 at 12.23.18.png Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone 8 Plus - 2020-04-11 at 12.23.32.png Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone 8 Plus - 2020-04-11 at 12.23.40.png

Last edited:

darkly

Thanks friend. It felt good to push it across the finish line and get a feel for the self-publishing process. I'm hoping to have a playable prototype of my next project up in the near term, but at some point I'd like to revisit this game with a fresh mind.

darkly

UPDATE 5.25.20

Game Center leaderboards are now live on iOS, Android in process as well. Go forth and claim your place on the Axolotl Game Mount Rushmore

T

Toxikat

Love the simplistic and colorful art style! And Axolotls are underrated šŸ˜„