• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Images look super weird

A

Ansual

I am making a game(more of an ebook really) and It works fine on windows but it gets weird on android. The first page looks normal it has a background and a sprite to turn the page(all backgrounds are jpegs and all sprites are png) the second page has no background just a white color and 5 sprites on it. This is where it starts to get weird because one of the 5 sprites does not show up on the android version the object is there because if I press on it the effects(changing a different object which also shows up fine) still happen. the next page has its background replaced by a bunch of random sprites from my game mashed together then this happens for multiple pages getting worse as you move on till the last 2 pages does not have a background at all. as I said before this works perfectly on windows only on android(I have not tried on iOS or mac just android/fire) am I having this problem. Is there a setting that I have wrong or anything I can do to resolve this?

rIKmAN

Try cleaning the project cache with Android selected as the target (broom icon at the top of the toolbar).

A

Ansual

Try cleaning the project cache with Android selected as the target (broom icon at the top of the toolbar).
Thank you for your quick reply unfortunately this did not fix my problem. Nothing different happened at all. Any other suggestions would be very appreciated.

A

Ansual

Just an update, I tried it on MAC OSX and it did work so it seems to just be android(or perhaps any mobile version but I have only tried it on an android phone and an Amazon fire)

rIKmAN

Try removing the app from your Android device, completely uninstall it, then reboot the phone.
Clean the project cache and try again.

What is the device btw - are you sure it supports the texture page size you have selected in Android Settings?

A

Ansual

Try removing the app from your Android device, completely uninstall it, then reboot the phone.
Clean the project cache and try again.

What is the device btw - are you sure it supports the texture page size you have selected in Android Settings?
Thank you! you are a true life saver and I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to help me out. I had made some changes to the settings earlier but it seems I needed to fully uninstall my game before it would let me test out these new settings, even with the device plugged in and pushing the green button. After fully removing the game off my phone I was able to test it with the new settings. I don't know exactly which one cause this problem because I changed a lot of them most likely it was the texture page like you said.

rIKmAN

Thank you! you are a true life saver and I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to help me out. I had made some changes to the settings earlier but it seems I needed to fully uninstall my game before it would let me test out these new settings, even with the device plugged in and pushing the green button. After fully removing the game off my phone I was able to test it with the new settings. I don't know exactly which one cause this problem because I changed a lot of them most likely it was the texture page like you said.
You're welcome, glad you got it working! :)