Distribution Android Google Play Asset Delivery! Replacing APK Expansion

Zato

Hey Folks,

I was wondering if there is any info on taking advantage of the new "Play Asset Delivery" or PAD format with AAB using Game Maker to publish games up to 2GBs on Google Play Store? I searched around and I have not found anything on the forums on Game Maker Studio using this new PAD update to publish? It seems this new PAD format is replacing the old APK Expansion setup the same way submitting a AAB is phasing out submitting a APK to the Play Store. I'm pretty excited about this and can't wait till I can submit games with big assets made in Game Maker without the old headaches of the older format! Have I missed any news on how this is going to be incorporated into building AABs in Game Maker? I currently have one app on the Play Store that has HD graphics and I had to use an APK Expansion to get it all on there. I am wondering when I will be able to submit an updated version in AAB with the PAD assets? I'm thrilled about this, who else is excited?! šŸ˜„

Here is some news on this for those who have not heard of the updates:

If anybody has more articles or info on this please post it on this thread! Thanks!

Last edited:

COWCAT

Hi,

I have to update my old game for 64 bits and it is larger than 150 MB. Now that .aab is required by Google and there's no support for APK expansion anymore, I'm stuck. This is the only topic I've found about the matter.

Is there currently ANY way to submit a GameMaker game larger than 150 MB?

Last edited:

Mert

Hi,

I have to update my old game for 64 bits and it is larger than 150 MB. Now that .aab is required by Google and there's no support for APK expansion anymore, I'm stuck. This is the only topic I've found about the matter.

Is there currently ANY way to submit a GameMaker game larger than 150 MB?
Yes. And this will be industry standart soon.
You file a ticket to Yoyogames and request this as this is a very critical part of Game Maker

Danil99

It appears I was wrong - you CAN use bigger .aab files.
You just need to use the latest GMS 2.3.1 which has a "Google Dynamic Asset Delivery" checkbox in the Android options.

Hopefully this can help others!
Thank you very much!!!