• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Android Game Slows After 30 Seconds?

Vinsane

Hi Guys!

I have a strange problem where my Android game slows down after around 30 seconds? It's almost like there is a massive FPS drop which causes my sprites animations and anything on an alarm based setup to be slowed.

Am I missing any important codes that you guys know to help improve the performance of Android games? changing the textures to a lower res did not fix the problem and each room only has around 15-20 objects in it with none of them actually moving or being animated anymore.

I'm rendering the game on a Samsung S9 so phone speed shouldn't be an issue.

Would love to hear what you guys think!

Regards,
Vince

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Look for memory leaks in your project. Make sure that every data structure, buffer, and other dynamically allocated resources are cleaned after immediately or in the Cleanup event (NOT the Destroy event). Use the profiler to find things that disproportionately uses execution time.

You can't get any specific advice given what you posted, there is no code in there to tell anyone what could be wrong.

Vinsane

Look for memory leaks in your project. Make sure that every data structure, buffer, and other dynamically allocated resources are cleaned after immediately or in the Cleanup event (NOT the Destroy event). Use the profiler to find things that disproportionately uses execution time.

You can't get any specific advice given what you posted, there is no code in there to tell anyone what could be wrong.
Hello thanks for the reply!

I will look into my project thoroughly to make sure it does not have the issues you listed above.

Cheers. Will write back if I still cant figure it out

Last edited: