• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Android Export Lint Report

Tony M

Hi all, I am trying to build an Android APK with Lint option selected and it generates an error report I can't view because daemon folder it writes to disappears after compiling.

Screenshot of Gamemaker output and error I get when I try to access the daemon folder:

cKXrMVh.png

RTFcPDe.png

Any ideas how I can access the report or how to change where it writes to (somewhere in C: directory ideally).

Thanks.

Tony M

@Tony M c// users/ your user// appdata// roaming// gamemakerstudio 2// cache //gms2cache//project_name// android// default// com.company.game
Thanks so much, found the report here.

Is it typical for Lint to pick up warnings on GameMaker Studio game builds? Some of the warnings appear to be because of standard GameMaker (and/or Add ons) compilation behavior.

One example is this warning:

HardcodedText: Hardcoded text
../../src/main/res/layout/download.xml:47: [I18N] Hardcoded string "Downloading from Google Play...", should use @string resource
44 android:layout_marginBottom="10dp"
45 android:layout_marginLeft="5dp"
46 android:layout_marginTop="10dp"
47 android:text="Downloading from Google Play..."
48 android:textStyle="bold" />

Pretty sure this is a GameMaker thing and not something I am in control of.

Do many people here just ignore the stuff that's picked up in Lint and carry on without any issues?

pipebkOT

@Tony M

ups, i didn't notice there are two lint files, the one that you need to read is in
c// users/ your user// appdata// roaming// gamemakerstudio 2// cache //gms2cache//project_name// android// default// com.company.game//build//outputs//lint-results-debug.html

if the warnings are caused by old extension from gms 1.4 make sure to get the updated ones

i thinks it's just a game maker thing and you should just uncheck lint report and carry on

edit: I always compile without run lint analysis checked, so just to check this i ticked the option and tried to compile an apk and it trows 104 lint issues XD , so yes, most users just uncheck lint analysis and carry over without any issues

the "lint-results-debug.html" is filled with all the errors and warnings with explanations,

so the answer is: just uncheck "run lint analysis" and carry on like everyone else, ;)

Last edited: