Android Android export keystore error (Did not lose the information or keystore)

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Ziphold, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Ziphold

Ziphold Member

I have been exporting apps with the same keystore, using the same information (name,alias,password) for the past two years. And everything seemed to be working fine while I was using the older version of Studio 2. However, after updating to the newest version, I am unable to export my android apps. The error shows up on the last step of the export: signing the apk.

The error reads:
    Code:
    com.android.ide.common.signing.KeytoolException: Failed to read key alias from store "C:\Users\Kiki\AppData\Local\GameMaker-Studio\keystore.keystore": Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect
    The password and alias password are the same, I am completely sure all my info is correct. I have tried reinstalling game maker, did not work. I tried changing the directory of the keystore, did not work. I've tried generating a new keystore with the new information a couple of times, did not work.

Did anyone else have this problem? It's driving me crazy. Any advice would be helpful. In advance, thank you.

2. Ziphold

Ziphold Member

Update: After updating my keystore to PKCS12 using the program called keystore explorer, the error message is different.
    Code:
    com.android.ide.common.signing.KeytoolException: Failed to read key alias from store "C:\Users\Kiki\Desktop\keystore.keystore": keystore password was incorrect
    Now it straight out says that the keystore password is incorrect. And it obviously isn't because I used that same password to unlock the keystore using Keystore Explorer.