• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

android executable requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am using game maker studio 2, IDE v2.3.0.529 and runtime v2.3.0.401 .
Can anyone help me what version of SDK, NDK and JDK I should be using?

Also this is the error I am receiving :

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ns4.Class56.smethod_31(String string_2)
at Igor.AndroidUtils.smethod_42(String string_21)
at Igor.AndroidBuilder.Deploy(Boolean _exe)
at Igor.AndroidBuilder.Run()
Igor complete.
Any help is so appreciated.

Ommn

i am use jdk1.8.0_281, it is working fine.
Try exporting to Android(VM) without using NDK.
Try exporting to Android an empty project to make sure that the problem is not from this project.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
A better question would be what version of GMS you should be using in this day and age. 2.3.0 is more than a year old at this point, it will not be supported. Get the current version of GMS, and read the Helpdesk article for SDK versions.
The new Android Studio 4.2 ships with OpenJDK 11 rather than 8, as 4.1 used, and this has been found to cause issues in GMS2 2.3.2 and older IDEs when importing/generating keystore files and therefore can cause Create Exe to fail.

Only 2.3.3 and above support Android Studio 4.2 - If you are using 2.3.2 or older you need to stick with 4.1.

• You will require Android Studio 4.2 or 4.1 as noted above (be aware we do not recommend immediately updating your Android setup whenever updates are offered - always check here first!).
  • We recommend Android API 30 / NDK 21 for all projects. NDK 22 is only supported in GMS2 2.3.3 and above.
  • Build Tools version is blank for API 30+ because Google have changed this so you specify the Compile SDK value and the Android SDK works out the correct build tools you need. If you're compiling with API 30+, then any version you type here will be ignored by Google's tools.
  • Minimum SDK version is 16 for API 28+ and anything built for Android YYC. (Be aware Google Play requires you to use API 30 or above when submitting!)
  • Please note some third-party extensions may require you to raise the minimum SDK version to their requirements, as will enabling "Run Lint code analysis". If your project fails to build, review your whole compiler log for the exact versions you require.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Sorry, but this topic is closed and your account has been banned for using an illegal copy of GameMaker Studio 2 as we have been unable to find any licence associated with your forum account. If you believe that this is a mistake, please contact the YoYo Games helpdesk with your license details using the email address that was used to purchase the licence, and you will be given access to these forums once more. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.