• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Android config with GMS2 Version 2.1.5 [SOLVED]

Ednei

Okay, here we are again.
Always when I update the GM2 I have problems with configuration of the Android module.
In my first test he presented this fault:

Code:
* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':com.project.test'.
> Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':com.project.test:_debugApkCopy'.
   > Could not find com.android.support:support-v4:28.0.0.
     Required by:
         project :com.project.test
   > Could not find com.android.support:support-v4:28.0.0.
     Required by:
         project :com.project.test > com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:11.8.0 > com.google.android.gms:play-services-basement:11.8.0
I've read the instructions for setting up the Android module, but I do not think it's completely up to date.

I'm using Android Studio 3.1.3. What modifications would I need to make in the Android Studio configurations considering it was correctly configured since the previous version of GM2?

Thank you.

Ednei

rIKmAN

Use the dropdown in the Android settings inside GMS2 to choose an API level and then ensure you have those versions that get filled in installed in the SDK Manager, or change those values to versions you already have installed.

I tested an Android export earlier on 2.1.5 and it worked without issues.

Ednei

Use the dropdown in the Android settings inside GMS2 to choose an API level and then ensure you have those versions that get filled in installed in the SDK Manager, or change those values to versions you already have installed.
Did you use API Level 28?
In the instructions the tutorial for selecting Android Studio update options is not up to date.

The instructions show this:

"Support Libraries from 26.0.0 onward can be found here: %USERPROFILE%\.gradle\caches\modules-2\metadata-2.21\descriptors\com.android.support\support-v4"

But where do I find this option in Android Studio?

Thank you.

rIKmAN

Did you use API Level 28?
In the instructions the tutorial for selecting Android Studio update options is not up to date.

The instructions show this:

"Support Libraries from 26.0.0 onward can be found here: %USERPROFILE%\.gradle\caches\modules-2\metadata-2.21\descriptors\com.android.support\support-v4"

But where do I find this option in Android Studio?

Thank you.
Just browse to that path on your system and see what folders are in there, it's likely you either don't have a v28 one at all or that it is named with "rc" or "alpha" etc in it as it's still in beta: https://developer.android.com/topic/libraries/support-library/revisions

For a quick fix after choosing to auto populate with API28 just change the support library to 26.0.0 (or the latest version you have in that folder), apply the settings, clean the cache and try recompiling.
Just tested this and it worked fine.

Ednei

Just browse to that path on your system and see what folders are in there, it's likely you either don't have a v28 one at all or that it is named with "rc" or "alpha" etc in it as it's still in beta: https://developer.android.com/topic/libraries/support-library/revisions

For a quick fix after choosing to auto populate with API28 just change the support library to 26.0.0 (or the latest version you have in that folder), apply the settings, clean the cache and try recompiling.
Just tested this and it worked fine.

config.png

Worked perfectly!

Thank you very much :)

M

MD.Shahin Molla

View attachment 19930

Worked perfectly!

Thank you very much :)

now its showing
"
* What went wrong:
Exception while parsing the supplied manifest file V:\com.tst.game\src\main\AndroidManifest.xml
> Element type "application" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".
"

rIKmAN

now its showing
"
* What went wrong:
Exception while parsing the supplied manifest file V:\com.tst.game\src\main\AndroidManifest.xml
> Element type "application" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".
"
Somebody already answered this 18mins ago in the other thread you posted in:
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/android-compilation-problems.50093/#post-320176

No need to post the same question in multiple threads.

Jack S

When setting the sdk values does anyone else use the point releases?

Right now I'm using and not 28 since 28 is still in "beta"

Build Tools 27.1.1
SupportLibrary 27.1.1
Target SDK 27
Minimum SDK 19
Compile SDK 27